great price for a wonderful item

Posted by Reviewer3273737 on Apr 19, 2010

I use this stuff instead of sugar - in beverages, in cooking and baked items, for dipping fruit in, etc. Add a small amount of stevia if you need extra sweetness. Very glad to find it at such a great price!

Good quality

Posted by Reviewer2808184 on Apr 19, 2010

Good price and good quality

NuNaturals Bulk Erythritol Crystals: Tremendous Asset for Sugar-Free Nutrition

Posted by Reviewer3080141 on Apr 17, 2010

I know, I know, it sounds like the mutant offspring of a chem lab and a toxic waste dump, but erythritol is a fermented sugar alcohol (not THAT kind, the non-recreational kind) that can take the place of sugar in cooking. It doesn't present the difficult side effect maltitol can have (I call it "Maltitol Thunder"), and it's not as... well, minty... as xylitol. We use erythritol in baking and desserts. The only thing I'd caution you about is that it doesn't melt and it doesn't erode, so I powder it in a coffee grinder first. It's about 70% as sweet as sugar, so you can either use about a third again as much in recipes as you would sugar (but be aware that it's quite rich), or do a half-and-half blend of bulked-up sucralose (the latter is what I do). I've noticed that, as we leave sugar farther behind in the past, we're not only loads healthier, we've quit craving sweets. Erythritol is a fantastic solution for diabetes management, although you can also benefit from using it if you'd just like to get away from sugar. The challenge is that we use enough of it (I feed folks at the office too) that finding bulk erythritol at a good price can be tough. You can't go wrong with this brand and the price. And, of course, iHerb always gives you terrific service, so you can't lose.

Extract-Erythritol mix

Posted by Reviewer1998454 on Apr 08, 2010

I mixed 1/2 pound Now Foods extract with 5 pounds of NuNaturals Pure Erythritol for the first time. I was shooting for an everyday easily spooonable sweetener for coffee or tea. I am very pleased with the results. Mix makes for 1/8-1/4 teaspone for a serving. It dissolves well and is easy to use. I still keep a 1/2 pound of the pure extract for large volume needs.

Happy to find this!

Posted by Reviewer1844131 on Mar 21, 2010

Such a good product...such a good price...great shipping time. I will order again in the future.

Sugar free sugar

Posted by Reviewer3136384 on Mar 13, 2010

Lovely stuff, does what it says and is so useful

Wonderful change from sugar

Posted by Reviewer2790690 on Mar 10, 2010

I was totally shocked after trying this product. My sister told me it was great, but I had to try it for myself. No one in my house knows that I no longer use sugar. As above, shipping and packaging was great. Keep up the good work. Donna M. Griffith

NuNaturals Erythritol Crystals

Posted by Reviewer2715803 on Mar 08, 2010

Excellent non-caloric sweetener. It has the consistency of regular sugar but with practically no calories or glycemic effect. There is no after taste.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1211936 on Mar 07, 2010

This is the best sugar substitute going. I use it in baking and everywhere.

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer3320350 on Feb 20, 2010

I love that it is a bit less sweet, with NO aftertaste! I'm sticking w/it. Texture is perfect; just like granulated