Very good soap!

Posted by AnnetteX on May 26, 2014

This is one of my first experiences with natural bar soap. When I was younger I used to use the store bought brands my parents supplied, but as I grew older switched to body wash for the convenience. This soap had very high reviews so I decided to order a pack. I have been using this soap in combination with other purchases I made from iHerb (Jason Natural, C Effects, Pure Natural Super-C Cleanser) and have began noticing differences in my skin. This product claims to help with blemishes and healing. I have used the product a few times when showering and was surprised. I had scars from shaving that seemed like a huge pain to deal with (not even Neosporin could help with their ugly appearance) and now they are barely noticeable. After using this in the shower, my skin always feels very clean and invigorated. I need to add that I use this as soap, on my whole body, and not just my face. This product alone has made after shave much easier, as it seems to quickly clear away any impurities that can be caused by razors (razor burn, etc.) I have also applied it to my face and my skin is softer than my usual body wash provides. I also took other reviews to heart and cut a slice off of the bar, that way the whole thing didn't get mushy or anything in the shower. I cut off about an inch and it has been lasting quite a while through multiple showers and uses. I would definitely recommend this soap!

AMAZING PRODUCT!!!

Posted by HealthyAndFit on Oct 15, 2014

I am absolutely in love with this soap! For the past couple of months I've been using it a few times a week to wash my face (and not to mention all over every time I shower) and I cannot believe how clear my skin has become - no more spots, no more redness and the most soft and supple feel! I would recommend it to all - it is so worth it. The bar is quite large so is quite economical. The smell reminds me of burnt caramel which I love =) If you found my review helpful, please do not hesitate to click' yes' at the bottom of it. You will also find more reviews on page.

Allergic reaction

Posted by Reviewer3293993 on Jul 25, 2011

I've never had an allergic reaction to any product like I had to this. Within about 2 hours of using it, my skin felt like it was on fire and I could feel my face pulsing. I used this all over my body, and my body turned red and itched horribly. My face also swelled up in a way that honestly made me nervous about things getting pretty serious. I showered again after I realized that this was the problem; unfortunately I didn't think about the tiny amount of residue from my razor and thus I continued to use it for a couple of days and itched too badly to sleep well at night. :/ I LOVE Iherb and I know that this product has gotten tons of good reviews. Even the 1 star reviews didn't describe anything like what happened to me. But I've never been allergic to any product like this, and I felt like maybe I should let people looking at the reviews know that there's *something* in this soap that might cause some allergic reactions.

Not a fan

Posted by MandyEm on Feb 01, 2013

Weird smell and left a dark residue on my tub.

quality product

Posted by Reviewer1195501 on Feb 14, 2011

pleasant smell, very dry out your skin

Great soap for those who love natural black soap !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

This soap is amazing. I give it five stars for the following reasons: 1) First, the smell - It smells divine, leathers nicely and cleans the skin perfectly without drying it too much. Even my girlfriend which is very sensitive with soaps likes it very much. 2) When other soaps fail to treat your skin issues, Nubian Heritage does not -- Most people try this soap because of skin issues, including skin sensitivity issues. I am very sensitive to most cleansing products; my face becomes a dry, itching mess quite easily. I also still contend with pimples. This soap helps control my acne without turning my face into a dry, red mess. 3) Your skin was soft once and will be again -- This soap has phenomenal moisturizing properties. It feels great on your skin. I don't have to apply baby oil or moisturizing body lotion because this soap does it all. If your hair becomes dry during particular periods of the year, try washing your hair with this bar rather than using hot oils or protein soaks. 4) Ingredients you can pronounce -- I don't want dyes or heavy chemicals in anything I use but especially on my face. This soap has a straightforward ingredient list. This product is vegan in nature with no animal based products and it is not tested on animals. Also, it is a great body soap for all skin types of all ages and ethnicities. I like the extra oils that this bar of soap has added..feels like it will last a long time ....very fine milled, but the only point I'd have is to know exactly what type of oil is used in a particular Nubian Heritage soap. Whether its pal oil or coconut oil exactly.Or, if both are used,I'd like it to be stated.Otherwise,I like very much their soap line. And,this is the great one in particular. Thanks for making such a great product at a reasonable price.I am also now using the Raw Shea Butter lotion made by the same company and I am convinced that I found the perfect combo to great skin.

Dries out my skin

Posted by Reviewer2978619 on Apr 24, 2011

I bought this product because of the high rating. To be honest, I wasn't quite as happy as everyone else. Since I started to use it, my pores have become more visible. It dries out my skin so bad that smoothness has now gone. Yes acnes might have been decreased but I have other skin troubles now so I guess this is now for everyone...

Soothing & calming for skin...super product

Posted by Reviewer2077877 on May 30, 2014

This wonderful soap calmed and soothed my young son's irritated skin when many other washes and cleansers could not. His skin is returning to healthy & normal thanks in large part to this super soap. It also makes us feel good that this company sticks to cruelty-free standards and doesn't hurt animals by testing stuff on them. Overall, we're delighted with this excellent product. Thanks iHerb for carrying the Nubian Heritage line.

Black wonder

Posted by Olyavy on Mar 24, 2014

Love this soap!Makes my skin super clean and radiance:) Totally recommend it Best value for money

Good even for body odor

Posted by 5445280091484054598 on Nov 25, 2015

I ordered in to try if this soap was mild enough for my kids' sensitive skin. I have to say that it's a wonderful soap. It not only cleanses but also reduces body odors. The kids' clothes are not as smelly as they were after a sweating day walking from school. The kids apparently use it for their face too and the pimple outbreaks are not as frequent as before. I decided to write this review after a few buys as good results were quite obvious after a period of use.