impressive

Posted by Reviewer1165195 on May 21, 2008

Iherb, please keep this in stock! It was on backorder for me, took a few weeks to come in, but it was worth it. Cleared by skin up (from stubborn breakouts) in just about a day. Leaves my skin feeling smooth, and the sultry fragrance lasts on my skin but is not overwhelming. It is not irritating to my facial skin, even if I scrub it thoroughly. Never have I been this impressed with a soap. A little bit can go a long way. The 'scrub' beads seem to be for decor more than exfoliation though, so don't count on it for that, though the texture feels nice.

misleading, dissappointing, do not buy

Posted by Reviewer3075336 on Jul 15, 2012

This product is NOTHING like the African Black Soap bar that it originates from. Unlike the seemingly similar African Black Soap bar, this body wash smells like a mixture of baby powder and play-dough. You have been warned. Also, for those with sensitive skin, this product is a no-go because for some stupid reason they added salycilic ACID which only makes my skin red and irritated. I was so disgusted by this body wash that i threw it in the garbage can immediately. what a waste of ten dollars. Nubian Heritage, you're doing it wrong!

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer2956266 on Mar 20, 2009

The smell is interesting, a little reminiscent of playdough--but this soap is one of the best I've ever used. Keeps my skin hydrated, clear, and feeling really really smooth. The sensation when using this soap is quite wonderful.

im in love

Posted by Reviewer2686179 on Aug 07, 2009

So I first tried the mango body wash by Nubian Heritage and after that I have been totally hooked. . .and now that I have tried the Black Soap. . .I know that forsure that this will be something that I will always buy for the rest of my life. . .the smell does remind me of Playdoe though lol. . .but I love that smell. It reminds me of when I was wee lil girl lol.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2344812 on Mar 15, 2012

Just used this for the first time and found it a very nice product. It has a pleasant smell -- sort of spicy vanilla --but not cloyingly so, and, it left my skin feeling soft and moisturized. As far as I am concerned, that is all that one can ask of a shower gel. I will definitely continue using this gel.

the best ever

Posted by Reviewer2274093 on Feb 19, 2013

It's so far the best bodywash I've ever used. It has a recognizable smell, it lathers AMAZINGLY WELL and gives skin this delicate fragrance. I also like how little you have for a shower so the bottle goes a long way. Thumbs up, will buy again.

Learned to like it...

Posted by MasksOffMasksOn on Jan 08, 2013

I bought this product to help me with a small acne problem I have on my back. In the Shower I used it on my whole body. While I did notice some change and improvment with my acne, I felt that it dried up some other parts of my body- like my arms, legs and belly- in some parts it dried my skin and made it peal, This is really weird since I've never had a sensitive skin type . Now I make sure to use it ONLY on my back area, and My skin gets better. About the smell- I really don't mind of it, I even think it's nice. I'm not sure I'd recommend this to other people for I don't want to be responsible for other's skin problems caused by using this product.

Very promising, little delivery, smells funky

Posted by 5581931219346012477 on Feb 09, 2014

This is a very weird soap. It's supposedly helps fight body acne, but does very little of the sort. After using for about a month as my primary soap and fighting the funny smell, i can tell with full confidence that this soap does absolutely nothing.

Super!*****

Posted by vafa33 on Feb 22, 2015

EXCELLENT PURIFYING ,SWEET SMELLING

Black gold

Posted by Reviewer2856716 on Apr 09, 2012

Smells wonderful and nourishes but hasn't had any effect on my acne. I use it with bristly sponge to wash my upper back and chest are acne-prone.