Nubian Heritage, Lotion, Raw Shea Butter, 8 fl oz (238 ml) (Discontinued Item)

Reviews 1-star

Overpowering scent

Posted by Reviewer2077277 on Oct 30, 2010

I enjoy Nubian Heritage products immensely and have purchased and repurchased many of their lotions and soaps in various scents. I had high hopes for this one because of the excellent rating, and made the mistake of buying 2 bottles. It has a very strong and (to me) unpleasant odor, which is surprisingly long-lasting for a lotion. I used it on my body after showering and had to take another shower to get rid of the overpowering stench. Then I used it on my hands a few times, but just couldn't get past the smell. It's really too bad because the lotion is quite rich and moisturizing and feels lovely on your skin. Guess I'll be giving my second bottle away to a local charity or something. Maybe a guy would enjoy this lotion, given that the scent is kind of masculine.

Strongest smelling lotion ever

Posted by Reviewer1478653 on Jan 27, 2010

I purchased this because of the good reviews. Thankfully, I only put it on my hands, because this is the strongest smelling lotion I've ever tried. My daughter smelled it from 5 feet away. I washed my hands with soap, repeatedly, and couldn't get the scent off. I wish I would have listened to the reviews that said the smell was too strong rather than the ones that said it smelled great. On the plus side, my hands felt nice and soft. I just couldn't stand to have them above my waist because of the perfume smell, even after repeated washings. If you are the type of person that drowns yourself in perfume or you have very little sense of smell, then this is the lotion for you. If you don't like to smell those people, don't by this lotion.

I am a fan of Nubian products

Posted by Reviewer1508164 on Mar 03, 2009

I have been so pleased with the quality and lovely, subtle scent of all of the Nubian soap I have tried so far. Unfortunately, the scent of the Nubian Anti Aging Revitalizing Ultra-Moisture Lotion is so strong, I am not able to use it.

Smells Nasty and Cheap

Posted by Reviewer1889939 on Nov 10, 2013

I would give this nasty, cheap product a zero if I could. I was really looking forward to getting a nice lotion that smells like frankincense and myrhh, but it just smells cheap and disgusting like some old cheap perfumed toilet water... it smells nothing like frankincense or myrrh. I feel I've been duped with such a nasty, cheap smelling product. It's disgusting.