Guaranteed Best Value for Natural Products!

Nubian Heritage, Lotion, Raw Shea Butter, 8 fl oz (238 ml) (Discontinued Item)

Overrated

Posted by Reviewer2307900 on Jan 13, 2011

Had high expectations of this lotion, cause of the good rating. But it was very disappointing. The smell is weird, I define it as a unfeminine smell. The lotion is very thick, and is hard to spread and doesn't absorb quickly. Also the moisturizing is very disappointing. Wont buy it again.

Overpowering scent

Posted by Reviewer2077277 on Oct 30, 2010

I enjoy Nubian Heritage products immensely and have purchased and repurchased many of their lotions and soaps in various scents. I had high hopes for this one because of the excellent rating, and made the mistake of buying 2 bottles. It has a very strong and (to me) unpleasant odor, which is surprisingly long-lasting for a lotion. I used it on my body after showering and had to take another shower to get rid of the overpowering stench. Then I used it on my hands a few times, but just couldn't get past the smell. It's really too bad because the lotion is quite rich and moisturizing and feels lovely on your skin. Guess I'll be giving my second bottle away to a local charity or something. Maybe a guy would enjoy this lotion, given that the scent is kind of masculine.

LOVE IT

Posted by Reviewer2851534 on Jun 12, 2009

This product smells so good, and it will keep you moisturized all day! The scent alone is enough to buy this product (smell it all throughout the day till you take a bath/shower). A HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS LOTION! So moisturizing and that scent baby wooh!

Strongest smelling lotion ever

Posted by Reviewer1478653 on Jan 27, 2010

I purchased this because of the good reviews. Thankfully, I only put it on my hands, because this is the strongest smelling lotion I've ever tried. My daughter smelled it from 5 feet away. I washed my hands with soap, repeatedly, and couldn't get the scent off. I wish I would have listened to the reviews that said the smell was too strong rather than the ones that said it smelled great. On the plus side, my hands felt nice and soft. I just couldn't stand to have them above my waist because of the perfume smell, even after repeated washings. If you are the type of person that drowns yourself in perfume or you have very little sense of smell, then this is the lotion for you. If you don't like to smell those people, don't by this lotion.

This product is excellent!

Posted by Reviewer1902182 on Aug 22, 2009

It really is ultra-moisturizing and soaks in pretty quickly too. My hands are in water frequently and I love to garden on my deck, so my hands get quite dry. This is a great lotion for your cuticles and arms too. It keeps them hydrated and soft, and on top of it all, this lotion smells great!