Nubian Heritage, Mango Butter Soap, Shea & Cocoa Butters With Honey & Cornmeal, 5 oz (141 g)

Nice enough but the black soap seems to work and smell better

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

I usually order http://www.iherb.com/Nubian-Heritage-African-Black-Soap-Bar-5-oz-141-g/11242 but tried this for a change. It smells nice but I just feel like I am using more to get clean with this variety. The mango smell isn't really mango-ish either but it's still I nice soap I just prefer the Black African variety. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

The best soap!

Posted by larchik1979 on Apr 27, 2012

This is the best soap of all, what I enjoyed. Previously, I had a Black African soap. But this is better. It has a yellow color with chunks of corn grits. It smells sweet, the dough for baking a cake. Person after it is clean, creaks. Pores and wrinkles are reduced. I use it morning and night. Excellent results, highly recommend!

not for me

Posted by Reviewer2985493 on Oct 26, 2009

this soap has a great smell but it made me itch all over so i had to stop using it.

I sense chemicals

Posted by Reviewer3357587 on Apr 24, 2014

You just have my word for it, but with my MCS I can sense chemicals in products and according to my senses, this has chemical(s). No where on the label does it show any type of chemical except possibly under 'Natural' fragrance and we know 'natural' is a suspect word. It's not as bad as the average soap which blasts me with chemicals, then fragrance. This has a nice scent first, then an 'after-smell' of chemicals. The mango/orange scent doesn't seem natural to me, it smells really good, but I wonder if it would be that strong if it were natural. So I'm guessing the fragrance is not natural. When it arrived it was a box full of other items I ordered and when I opened the box a huge whiff of chemicals came out even though the soap was packaged in a plastic bag. Even after I took the soap out of the plastic bag, the plastic bag smelled like chemicals. Anyway, dismiss me as an oversensitive kook, or be warned that there are chemicals in this soap. :)

surprising smell

Posted by Elena1280324 on Jun 30, 2012

Universal product. Smell divine. My daughter tasted it, it very much is pleasant to it :-) Gently, delicately looks after skin and hair. The smell improves mood. As though in a bathroom there is fresh fruit.