Tasty but not ideal in Singapore weather

Posted by 5068621941021720337 on May 03, 2016

Tasty though it leaves a powdery taste that takes getting used to. If you live in Singapore, you will face a dilemma - store it outside and the oil splits from the paste (like peanut butter), store in the fridge and it hardens like a rock. If kept in the fridge, buffer at least 30 minutes to thaw outside before spreading.

very tasty

Posted by paisleyjade on Jun 04, 2012

This has a good news/bad news review. Good news: 5 stars for taste. This is very very tasty if you love coconut like I do. Bad news: This is VERY fattening. I ate about 1-2 spoonsful/day (not tablespoon) so in 1 month I ate a little over 1/2 a jar and I gained 5 POUNDS from that! I know the weight gain was from this b/c from the past 5 months my weight has been going down little by little each month after changing my diet to a whole foods no dairy diet. This change alone was bringing my weight down until I got coconut manna & the coconut manna is the only thing I did differently & my weight shot up 5 lb in 1 month. So if you need to lose weight be very careful with this product. Otherwise, enjoy because it is very good.

Good price, ok product

Posted by 5499732028248659548 on May 13, 2014

I have been using Dastony's Coconut Butter for some time and I absolutely love it, although the price is a bit steep. So after hearing so much good things about Nutiva's Coconut Manna and it had a much lower price I decided to give it a try. Well, I think I have been spoiled by Dastony because I didn't think this was all that good. It was ok, but nothing more than that. If you use it and like it, then stick with it! I will personally not buy again.

Good product, annoying prep.

Posted by 5032401714314397512 on Feb 15, 2016

It is extremely tasty, buttery, creamy and just a tad sweet. Mixed review due to price and also it is extremely solid at room temperature, so it takes that extra step to even be able to spread it on bread, which is a tad annoying.

Just unsure what to do with it!

Posted by 5739604977495711871 on Jul 26, 2013

It's like coconut oil except it's ...fleshier. But it smells and tastes identical, except it burns a lot faster in the pan. Just not sure how it is different in any positive way to coconut oil.

Yummy, but . . .

Posted by 5626000935446527946 on Aug 10, 2013

. . . hard to figure out what to put it on.

Prefer Artisana

Posted by 5478257155200655538 on May 04, 2016

Okay but personally I prefer the texture and taste of Artisana coconut butter