Nutiva, Organic Superfood, Hemp Protein, 15 G, 16 oz (454 g)

Exceptional Product!

Posted by Reviewer1235908 on Aug 07, 2011

I have been using this product for 4 months now and never had digestion problems like when using whey protein or high amount of urea in my urine(a whey byproduct). Love this product, a little expensive but really a must. Best od all proteins I tried.

Could not use it as a single protein beverage as its too detoxifying..

Posted by Navina on Oct 15, 2011

I wanted to get a protein powder for my son as a morning beverage and since life time kids was out of stock at that time, I thought I would give this a try after reading good reviews. The label states 4 spoons to get 15 gms of protein. But 2 scoops itself is too detoxifying and the insoluble fiber in the hemp caused digestive issues even when used with enzymes. 1 spoon of the hemp powder is fine, but that contains less protein, so it has to be mixed with another protein powder like rice for the extra protein. And anyone in India, don't buy this, hemp supplements can alert the Indian customs and we all know what happens when things get stuck at our customs..........I got this after countless phone calls to DHL and finally a detailed explanation to the customs and after 3 weeks of waiting period. Not worth it!.

Classy

Posted by Reviewer1314791 on Dec 25, 2011

Hemp isn't the ideal source of protein per se, but this product is very impressive and really probably as good as hemp protein can be - mixes very well, not great taste but not bad - nutty, vegetal flavour - and tastes very clean and fresh. Their package says that they value freshness and their product really seems to reflect this which is worth a lot to me. Great convenient source of protein variety.

Makes my intestines go nuts.

Posted by sweetheart on Jul 23, 2012

My stomach doesn't like it at all... simply cannot digest it. Too bad because this product seems very promising.

Gritty Nasty Tasting Protein

Posted by Reviewer2876704 on Jul 08, 2011

Didn't digest too well and tasted awful. I'm investigating other types of protein powders.