Nutiva, Organic Hemp Protein, Hi-Fiber, 16 oz (454 g)

Reviews 4-star

An even better source of fiber than protein!

Posted by Reviewer3231842 on Dec 10, 2008

This product is pretty great. It is a wonderful source of fiber, protein, and omegas, and not much else, which makes it a wonder-superfood. But, it is a bit expensive, difficult to mix, and doesn't have the best flavor (it is sweet-ish, but grainy). If you are putting it in a smoothy, I'm sure it would be fine, but if you are stirring it in a glass of soymilk, for instance, you may not enjoy drinking the result.

Nutiva Hemp protein

Posted by Reviewer2807997 on Apr 23, 2008

Hemp is sooo good for you - I like to make hemp protein smoothies each morning using the Nutiva Hemp Protein Powder and it's great! I recommend buying the 3 lb. bag if you use alot (I use about 3 Tbs. per serving), as the 16 oz. container lasted maybe a month, on 2 Tbs. per day. The only reason I gave the product 4 stars instead of 5 is because the serving size is misleading as far as protein content is concerned, and I have seen 2 different figures for this on the product label- the 1st, on the nutritional chart says 4 Tbs.=11 g. of protein, but then under Directions for Use, it says 3 Tbs.= 22 g. of protein, so I will have to check with the company about this. All-in-all though, I am satisfied with this product.

Good, but not great

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on May 04, 2007

While the nutritional value of this product is high, the overall quality is not that great. There are tiny pebble-like things in it. I highly recommend Manitoba brand.

Gritty

Posted by Reviewer3311659 on Jun 12, 2007

I gave this Hemp product 4 stars because of it's awesome nutritional value, but this one is too gritty for my taste. Unless you put it in a smoothie, it's rough!

Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Powder

Posted by Reviewer1526191 on Nov 06, 2007

As a very busy professional, I don't have the time or energy to pay nearly as much attention as I should to eating a balanced diet. I rarely eat junk or fast food, but I just don't eat a balanced diet and have difficulty getting enough protein. I love this product because it helps me get a good dose of protein in a quick shake that I can drink quickly and take on the run. You really want to drink this fairly quickly anyway because the powder is dense and will settle at the bottom. You can add a banana or other fruit to your shake which helps the powder stay suspended longer so you don't have to drink as quickly. I think this has a decent, kind of nutty flavor, but it isn't a replacement for dessert by any means.