• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Reviews | English

So so

Posted by 5005158105221154605 on Mar 25, 2015

I know it's good for me but it tastes awful. Muddy and gritty. It's hard to drink no matter how I try to make it interesting. Still hoping that the acquired taste factor will eventually kick in.

Ugh...

Posted by Reviewer1407035 on Jul 22, 2008

I was looking for a vegan replacement for whey protein and there aren't too many choices out there (Soy is a no for men). I run 3 days a week and also do some weight training. When I switched from whey to Hempseed protein I felt a very noticeable drop in my energy level and recovery time. I find the taste barely tolerable. I mix with berries, banana, and juice to make a smoothie. Once the Hempseed gets added in the taste goes from great to having to force it down. I think this protein is a good choice for those who don't find the taste offensive and who are moderately active and don't need a supplement that provides more protein. Looks like for the time being I am back to whey.

Nutiva, Organic Hemp protein powder

Posted by Reviewer2301840 on Sep 05, 2008

It is of decent quality but I don't think it is as good as efa gold natures way hemp protein powder. This powder seems to have a very strong hemp smell, and the taste isn't all that great. It is probably good quality but Efa Gold Natures way hemp protein seemed to assimilate with my body better and easier. It also had a much better taste, and is cheaper by a dollar or two.

Very thick

Posted by Reviewer1565129 on May 24, 2010

The taste is okay but the powder form adds a very thick consistency to my shake. I will try the seeds next time.

Hemp

Posted by Reviewer2115226 on Jun 12, 2010

I know this is a good product because I was advised to take this by my nutritionalist and my friend recommended the product. It makes me gag. If you have any suggestions for taking this please let me know.

Taste leaves something to be desired

Posted by Reviewer3143026 on Dec 20, 2010

I'm a big fan of toasted hemp seeds and really like the nutty flavor they provide. Unfortunately I wasn't terribly happy with the flavor of this powder. I tried it in milk like I would flax meal, but I didn't get the same delicious nutty drink I was expecting. Maybe I'll try it blended with fruit or in my fresh juice.

rewiew from Greece

Posted by Reviewer1949733 on Feb 07, 2011

an excellent alternative product alhough it tastes awful...It doesn't mix well in water, i recommend it with juice. Thank you iHerb

Good but Gritty & high dose

Posted by Reviewer1181017 on Apr 25, 2011

I wanted this for tube feeding to get Hight protein w/fiber. 4 scoops is too much ., even 1 clogged the tube. It is only good for oral feeding. I reduced the stars based on my needs

Not a bad product, but not loving the taste

Posted by Reviewer1877725 on Nov 28, 2011

This a good product but it's not very tasty. I add a few drops of stevia to make it more palatable, but I still don't "enjoy" it.

Protein

Posted by 5412648850784338366 on Jul 12, 2013

I do this in my smoothies. After blending it sinks to the bottom. But the taste is ok.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »