• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Reviews | English

Good oil but it should be packed in GLASS NOT PLASTIC

Posted by 5758804025431012968 on Jun 13, 2012

I do enjoy the good smell, quality and size of this oil. I love that there are so many uses for it. My only con is that I wish it was in a glass container instead of a plastic one because I feel like that plastic diminished the good quality of the oil :( I read that the oil act kind of like a solvent and absorbs all of the chemicals form the plastic. For that reason I will not repurchase this oil and opt for one that is in a glass container. If the company changes from plastic to glass I would repurchase this.

Review

Posted by Reviewer2653287 on Jan 23, 2010

I love the size and the cost; however, the spreadability is not great. The flavor not great either

The right thing in the wrong container

Posted by Reviewer1486097 on Nov 22, 2009

I love the coconut oil but don't feel comfortable with the fact that it comes in a plastic container, both from a health perspective and an ecological one. They can do better.

teacher

Posted by Reviewer2919055 on Dec 08, 2008

very good but prefer another company

Strong Coconut Taste & Smell

Posted by Reviewer2607044 on Dec 21, 2008

This has a very strong coconut smell and taste but you get used to it after using it for awhile. I think I may try another brand when this one is gone and see which I like better.

Delicious

Posted by Reviewer2968090 on Jul 13, 2009

Unheated, this product has a delicious coconut flavor. When you heat it to bake and fry, the coconut flavor is gone and you actually get to taste the real flavor of the product you are preparing (meat, egg, etc). Also great to apply on dry skin for the real tropical sensation. I use it for everything. Great product!

Smells good but tasts quite light

Posted by 5215632088252675937 on Nov 12, 2012

Compared to a band I used before, this oil tastes quite light.

Feedback on Nutiva OEV Coconut Oil

Posted by 5296330381736334263 on Sep 16, 2013

The quality of the Coconut oil is good, and we appreciated of the services as well.

Tasty and good value

Posted by 4843028154430941661 on Aug 30, 2014

Overall ok for the price. Bought this wrongly though. Thought it was the extra virgin oil I bought previously. Taking it orally for myself and my dog. My dog loves me to add to his meal. Appealing smell, tasty and healthy for my canine baby.

Nutiva, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Posted by Reviewer2357861 on Jul 12, 2010

This is good but I thought it would come in a solid form.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »