• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Reviews | English

great coconutty smell

Posted by annegoggans on Feb 13, 2011

Other brands like TT have a smoky smell that I don't like. This is nice to eat or use on skin as long as you don't mind the mild coconut scent.

Good oil but it should be packed in GLASS NOT PLASTIC

Posted by 5758804025431012968 on Jun 13, 2012

I do enjoy the good smell, quality and size of this oil. I love that there are so many uses for it. My only con is that I wish it was in a glass container instead of a plastic one because I feel like that plastic diminished the good quality of the oil :( I read that the oil act kind of like a solvent and absorbs all of the chemicals form the plastic. For that reason I will not repurchase this oil and opt for one that is in a glass container. If the company changes from plastic to glass I would repurchase this.

A wonderful immune booster

Posted by Reviewer2586788 on Sep 02, 2009

We take this faithfully and have seen dramatic results with viruses such as flu and cold, herpes and dandruff. We cook with it, use it on our skin and give to the dogs!! Tastes great too =D

Definitely recommend Nutiva Organice EV Coconut Oil

Posted by Reviewer3279459 on Feb 16, 2010

I bought this not too very long ago and need to buy another one. 54 oz! Not only do I make cinnamon candy and chocolate candy with this, but my dog absolutely loves this oil as well. I'm addicted to having a huge tablespoon, cream and splenda in my coffee every morning. It helps keep me full and throughout the day, when I'm wanting something "sweet", I'll put some in tea (with cinnamon and splenda) or in decaf coffee with cream and splenda. I do highly recommend this CO. Other brands don't have the coconut smell or slight taste of coconut. It's wonderful on the skin, hair and hands.

Extra Virgin Coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer1785493 on May 01, 2009

I have wanted to try this product for a long time. The price is great. As expected, it tastes and smells like fresh Coconuts. I have found, however, that not all foods and vegetables are compatible with the taste of it. I did not like it combined with cauliflower and broccoli. But was I in for a surprise when I sauteed onions in the oil and added green cabbage. Yummy! I almost ate a 2 qt. pot filled with the cabbage in one "standing." To my surprise, there was no indgestion.

Best I've found!

Posted by Reviewer1748513 on Mar 14, 2010

Love this stuff. Adore it! Best organic coconut oil I have found and a very great price. Oddly you see it cheaper per ounce if you buy the 54 ounce bottle instead of the gallon. Has a wonderful coconut flavor without being over powering on most foods. Very good health benefits too - one of the very best sources for oils that help maintain your Omega 3/6 ratio. Great for all uses except salad dressing on a cold salad - it becomes a solid on the vegetables. Highly recommend this product!

Smooth

Posted by Reviewer1539804 on Apr 17, 2012

Works great & taste great!

Upgrade

Posted by Reviewer2167095 on Jan 10, 2012

I previously purchased the small tub of this coconut oil, now I have upgraded to the 1.6L. There is no better cooking oil in my opinion.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer2326602 on Jan 14, 2012

This product was originally purchased for usage in my hair! I however, decided the smell of coconuts wasn't useful as a hair product and used it for cooking instead. This size is huge! It lasted an entire year and served its purpose well. We used it for cooking in everything and enjoyed it as a family. Everyone asked my secret for cooking and it was always the coconut oil.

My dog

Posted by Reviewer2207643 on Dec 06, 2011

Bought this product for us, but tried mixing it with my dogs kibble and couldn;t believe how much she loved in aand to our shock and amazement within 4 days of her eating it her coat began to shine!!! A must have if you have a dog.........Great for your hair too.............