| English
| USD ($)

Nutrex, BioAstin, Hawaiian Astaxanthin, 12 mg, 50 Gel Caps

A Super Product for Inflammation!

Posted by Reviewer1715865 on Jan 11, 2013

I've been taking Astaxanthin off and on for a couple years now, but just in the 4-mg dosage. I didn't notice anything particularly remarkable about it and basically just took it on faith that it was doing something positive for me. A few months ago, however, I stumbled upon this 12-mg dosage and decided to give it a try. Like a previous reviewer here reported, I noticed that after a week or two, my chronic lower back pain (mild sciatica) was nearly gone. At the time, I attributed my improvement to some stretching and flexing exercises I had been doing, not even considering that it could be the anti-inflammatory effect of the 12-mg Astaxanthin I'd been taking. Then the bottle ran out and, coincidentally, within a few days, the chronic low back pain returned. I'm glad I had read the other reviewer's experience regarding the Astaxanthin and his/her mysteriously vanishing lower back pain, as I don't think I would have otherwise made the connection. On the chance that I was experiencing the same thing, I quickly ordered another bottle and resumed taking it as soon as it came. Sure enough, within a couple days, the lower back pain was gone again. This stuff is incredible! It seems the key is the dosage~ 4 mg didn't seem to do much for me, while 12 mg has had a very noticeable anti-inflammatory effect. Perhaps also it is the brand~ Nutrex may be superior to the other brands I was taking. Apparently this stuff is good for preventing sunburn too. In my experience it has worked even better than Zyflammend, which is a great anti-inflammatory supplement in its own right with many satisfied customers.

Consistent Quality

Posted by 4944795379302819428 on Sep 15, 2012

As a user of BioAstin Astaxanthin for nearly 5 years now..... Finally the perfect dose-12mg! I have noticed a significant difference with other product claims of exclusive quality and being produce within the Hawaiian region. BioAstin delivers. I took a three month break from Astaxanthin and returned with this 12mg dose. Within a few days I noticed a significant reduction in my joint inflammation, and marked recovery from exercise muscle fatigue. Also, while out on my Harley for Hours in the Summer sun, yes, I did get a bit red, but by the next day my forehead "burn" was reduced in 1/2. Two days later, no real visible sun damage. No exaggeration. I hope iHerb will continue to deliver economical equitable products.

Excellent

Posted by GAQ880 on Apr 04, 2012

I love that you only need to take one of these a day because of the increased potency to 12mg. I noticed and improvement in my vision and it helps with reducing inflammation from pancreatitis.

Take BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin for youthful appearance

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 11, 2014

On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. Hawaiian Astaxanthin works as an internal sunscreen. It can radically reduce your risk of developing severe sunburn and related skin damage. It takes several weeks for the dose to build up to achieve UV protection, and to help improve your skin’s overall moisture balance and elasticity. You can watch a YouTube video “BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin for skin health- Johanna” and look at the youthful appearance and glow in Johanna’s skin, age 55, and who takes Hawaiian Astaxanthin daily. Johanna attributes her healthy, beautiful skin to BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin. I like Astaxanthin as an antiaging supplement. The Astaxanthin will capture the free radicals before they hit the collagen. When you keep your elastin and collagen healthy, you prevent and reduce wrinkles.

One of the most important supplements for me!

Posted by sweetheart on Jul 06, 2012

Astaxanthin is amazing stuff! It's an universal antioxidant (and a very powerful one) that can get anywhere in your body! It prevents inflammation in cells and protects your health in so many ways. It's great for your skin: it protects and build collagen and makes skin look young and healthy. It protects skin from sun and gives a beautiful tan. If your skin burns easily and you want some extra protection, eat a lot of tomatoes to get lycopene. Lycopene, astaxanthin and D3-vitamine together are the best sunscreen you can get. After taking them for a while you don't need any sun lotions (which usually are full of harmful chemicals). What also is great about astaxanthin is that it (unlike most other antioxidants) cannot turn into a pro-oxidant in any conditions. So with astaxanthin you can't go wrong! It's great to get this 12 mg product.