Nutrex, BioAstin, Hawaiian Astaxanthin, 4 mg, 120 Gel Caps

Nutrex, BioAstin, Natural Astaxanthin

Posted by Reviewer2298049 From Canada on Jun 26, 2010

I have a love hate relationship with these little dark red pills. I religiously took 2 Astaxanthin a day for almost a year, but stop taking it because I hated the strange indigestion (major fish burps) it would give me. During that time, I definitely noticed some very positive side-effects: I had this nagging but mild heel and shoulder pain from working out that suddenly disappeared after taking Astaxanthin for a few weeks. I also never developed a sunburn if I was out in the sun too long, and I was rarely sick. I’ve always been prone to bronchial infections most of my adult life. It has been about 7 months since I stop taking Astaxanthin and my heel and shoulder pain is back, and I've had to deal with bronchitis twice. The most convincing piece of evidence that Astaxanthin truly works occurred a couple of weekends ago when I went camping. I was out in full sun for less than 3 hours with a 20 SPF sunscreen on and I still manage to develop a painful sunburn. In February 2009 while I was taking Astaxanthin, I went to St. Lucia for my winter vacation. My pale winter skin did not burn at all, even though I was not wearing any sunscreen. I just happy my bottle finally arrived in the mail yesterday. : ) I read somewhere on the Internet that if you take Astaxanthin half way through your biggest meals of the day it should, minimize the indigestion some people experience. I'm hoping it works, because I truly believe Astaxanthin is an important and effective supplement to take.

Better than the Healthy Origins 12mg but both gave me Panic attacks.

Posted by Reviewer2495622 From Philippines on Sep 20, 2012

I had this 4mg astaxanthin before I tried the 12mg. With saw my skin clear up from blotches and my eyes were clearer. With the 12mg its more expensive and I dont see the same effect as the 4mg. With the 12mg my pigmentations turned pinkish and I dont see the scattered pigmentation on my skin disappear. With the Triple strength I had two episodes of Panic Attacks. Weak knees, numbness and tingling on my face, head, arms and legs. Heavy heart like I would faint. When I trace back it happened after at least 10-15 minutes after taking astaxanthin. Had I not have the second attack from the triple strength I could not link my first panic attack to astaxanthin 4mg about a year ago. this is an overhyped supplement by Dr. Oz and Dr. Mercola. the warning on the side effects were completely hidden unless you search online or experience it yourself. Check the blogs and forum at Dr Perricone about the side effects of asta. I am not making things up.

Excellent product at a great price.

Posted by Reviewer1764454 From Australia on Jul 20, 2010

I have been taking this product for some time with good results. My general well being has improved and I find that I have far more energy. I am a type 2 Diabetic and the Bioastin has helped get my BGL under control to such an extent that I have been able to reduce my medication.

excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1623017 From Canada on Mar 03, 2011

astaxanthin is a great product. I have noticed thicker hair and better skin since I started using this product. Will continue to order .

This product may have saved my life

Posted by Reviewer1880669 From Japan on Jan 19, 2012

I suffered for years on end from reoccuring skin cancer which according to my doctors is very unusual. With this product, I can easily go out into the sun without getting burns - yes - this is hard to believe and I didn't believe it either at first. After about 3 days, my vision suddenly became digital. My skin became so much more softer and my energy level hit the roof. Truly amazing product.