Nutrex Hawaii, BioAstin, Hawaiian Astaxanthin, 4 mg, 60 Gel Caps (Discontinued Item)

Awesome, awesome and yes... awesome!

Posted by 5109950877549586679 on Aug 13, 2014

I've been using Bioastin for eight to nine years now and I simply and literally love it! It's the only supplement I can't imagine living without and trust me, I'm not getting paid for saying this. It works wonders on protecting my skin (full of moles) and eyes. I don't have any problems with my skin anymore in terms of solar allergies, sunburn. Also, being a personal trainer, I exercise and move a lot and sometimes I even up the dosage to 8 mg, usually after really intense workouts and call it placebo or not, it helps with tension in my joints. I usually use Bioastin from February to December each year, 4 mg every other day usually at home or 4 mg each day when I'm on a vacation at the seaside. I even have my Mom on it as she started having initial problems with retinal ablation and go figure flashes in her vision have disappeared after two, two and a half months of regular intake of Bioastin. Her ophthalmologist couldn't believe her results! My Mom takes one pill of 4 mg every day. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Not so good.

Posted by Reviewer2816446 on Sep 05, 2010

This product made me feel sick to my stomach after using it several times on seperate occasions.

Feel better already

Posted by Reviewer2042083 on Feb 25, 2007

I have been taking this for about a week now, and each day I feel better and better (I didn't feel that bad to begin with!). I have more energy and fewer aches and pains. What a wonder drug!

Not so fast with the sun protection

Posted by Reviewer1880600 on Oct 14, 2010

I really like (liked) the prospect of Astaxanthin. I've read many good things and jumped right in with it. One of the things I was most interested in was the sun protection. The idea that me, as a relatively light skinned person, could supplement with this and achieve sun protection was VERY appealing to say the least. I'm not a big fan of sunscreen at all. Anyway, I began taking it a few months ago. I was taking anywhere from 8mgs to 16mgs each day. I had been doing that religiously for no less than 2 months before I had one particular day with strong sun exposure. It was one of the nicer days here on the east coast this year, back in later April. All sun, no clouds. I went out on my deck and I sat in a tank top from about 12:30pm to 3pm, with periods of going in and out of the house - drinking plenty of water. It was my first time seeing sun this year. Long story short, I got burned BADLY! Very bad. In fact, I was red for a whole week, and eventually all the exposed areas peeled. I do not feel my sun protection level was any greater with astaxanthin than it would have been without. I was really disappointed in this as I had high hopes with regard to sun protection. Oh well, I guess you still have to be as careful as always. Don't think this product will allow you free roam in the sun if you are the type that will burn. Trust me.

Great

Posted by Reviewer1841530 on May 11, 2009

Take it in morning and night. Feel more energized in the morning and I recuperate faster.