Dog Drops

Posted by Reviewer1960983 on Jun 27, 2009

I bought this for my Golden Retriever. He has a lot of earwax, washing out his ears every week with Epiotic makes them dry and he scratches them, which makes them red and inflamed (and I become enemy #1!). I put a couple of these drops on a cotton ball and wipe the outside flaps of his ears every other or so day and he falls asleep when I'm doing it instead of running and cowering.

So far so good...

Posted by Reviewer1414450 on Nov 23, 2009

Too early to tell if it's going to be effective in the long run, but we've used it in 2 cases: 1. Itchiness inside ear- my Dad says his ear is much less itchy, and I don't see him rubbing it so often anymore. I'm guessing that the itchiness could be due to fungal overgrowth/ infection. Grapefruit seed extract and tea tree oil are both anti-fungals and could be what's stopping the fungal itch. 2. My sister had an uneven pressure inside her ear for a few days, which would lead to dizzy spells. She has been using it for a couple of days now and says it's helped some.

Thanks, now I'm DEAF

Posted by thesmellofsand on Apr 25, 2014

Tried this a couple of times for a stuffy ear; did nothing. Just tried it again, soon thereafter I experienced tinnitus in various forms, and now I am COMPLETELY DEAF in my left ear. Good thing I didn't do the other ear. I hope this will go away shortly and by itself. As someone with visual issues, losing my hearing is unacceptable, not to mention that it's freaking me out. I don't know whether this is a common issue with ear drops, but this is very disconcerting. I will try some home remedies and see if that resolves it. Update 25-04-14 (2 months later): Today I was diagnosed with idiopathic sudden unilateral sensorineural hearing loss by an ENT specialist. MRI and blood tests came up clean, my tympanum is intact, there's no fluid behind my ears. I am left with still this deafness resultant from using the eardrops, and vertigo, and my prognosis is that it is unlikely I will ever recover my hearing. Don't get me wrong; iHerb is great, but this product is clearly not, and potentially ototoxic it seems.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1285871 on Jan 15, 2008

It's great for ear infection. I use it also at the first sign of cold.

Works!

Posted by Reviewer1692596 on Nov 28, 2008

Seems to help earaches.

1 star

Posted by Reviewer2883798 on Jul 09, 2010

Does not work for me. The ringing comes from internally where apparently the drops are not reaching. I am very dissapointed. If you can help with this, I would appreciate it very much.

ONE DROP AND I´M BETTER!!

Posted by Reviewer2603548 on Oct 20, 2010

ONE DROP AND I´M BETTER!! AMAZING RESULT!!

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2254328 on Nov 16, 2010

Had long term ear infection. Cleared up after a few days use.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2656204 on Jul 27, 2008

I usually mix my own, but this is very convenient and works well.

They seem to work!

Posted by Reviewer1989418 on Jan 12, 2012

I gave these to a friend whose four year old daughter had an earache - first in one ear and then the other...she said the drops seemed to help and made the pain disappear within a day, I believe!