NutriBiotic, GSE Grapefruit Seed Extract, Liquid Concentrate, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

Reviews 2-star

doesn´t taste bitter anymore

Posted by Reviewer1435977 From Slovakia on May 20, 2013

This is my 2nd time, when I purchased this product. The first time was a 2 years ago and I was very satisfied with it and it really lasted till now. I was used to a specific bitter taste and it helped a lot of time with a normal flu or a bug. But this bottle doesn´t taste bitter and I am not sure, if it the same stuff inside as it was before. Now it taste like a regular water.

Nutribiotic GSE liquid

Posted by Reviewer1943290 From New Zealand on Feb 23, 2010

Not sure about this one. GSE worked for me before but this has not done anything for me so far

Gives digestive difficulties

Posted by Reviewer2681046 From France on Feb 01, 2012

I was encouraged by all those positive reviews of how this product boosts your immune system and protects from disease but even the first dose was impossible to take down for me: it is so bitter I get nauseous, and had stomach ache the whole day. I do acknowledge that the discomfort could be related to my other digestive problems, and hereby I warn all those with sensitive digestive systems - it might be a bit difficult to swallow!

Comment by health consultant

Posted by Moy-key-kay From Lithuania on Mar 31, 2014

This is a experience of a health consultant. "I have been seeking to clarify what the difference is in tastes, also. I am a health consultant and have recommended the original GSE to my clients for more than a decade. A client came to me with the new labeled bottle, saying it tasted different. I finally called Nutribiotic (the manufacturer). I was told that the manufacturer of Citricidal did not register its product with the FDA, so Nutribiotic could not sell GSE for internal use if it contained Citricidal. Therefore, it now uses other suppliers for its grapefruits. They say that's why it tasted different. They say they can't say that the grapefruits are organic because they make up less than 75% of the whole. I don't believe that is correct. I believe that they could say, in the tiny ingredient list, "organic grapefruit seed extract." What bothers me is the fact that the label still says "Original." It is not the same. Also, I am very concerned to hear that it does not function as well as previous batches. Citricidal used a proprietary process to make grapefruit seed extract so effective at killing the bad stuff without harming the good. If Nutribiotic is now making its own formula, it is unlikely that it is using, or knows, the proper method used in Citricidal. I used Citricidal years before the branded "GSE" came out. It saved my life by finally allowing my gut to return to balance. The old formula saved a family member from getting peritonitis when his appendix burst. This obvious bait and switch by Nutribiotic is very disturbing." As for personal experience - yes, the taste has changed, now it is bitterness. But it seemed heleped anyway. Judge upon yourself.

yuck

Posted by Reviewer1782385 From Virginia on Nov 01, 2010

I couldn't take the taste at all! I put five drops in about 30 oz. water and it was so bitter I got nauseated. Gave it to my mom.