Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

NutriBiotic, Sodium Ascorbate, Crystalline Powder, 16 oz (454 g)

Reviews 1-star

Did not work for me

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 16, 2013

In theory I like this product. It is gluten free, non-GMO and is a reasonable price. However, It makes me constipation when I take it. It is buffered with baking soda and that makes it more alkaline and milder on the stomach. Try it, but be aware of any side effects. If it works for you it can be a very cost effective way to get Vit C. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

This C seems much less potent, than 'natural' C tabs.

Posted by GODisLife on May 25, 2012

While taking this I quickly developed a very bad sinus infection, which progressed into a very bad chest cold, the first such illness I've had in years. I had to stop taking it. Returned to taking the 'natural' C 1000 mg tabs I had been taking. Will not continue taking this product. Will probably throw it away, which I normally would never do, with a supplement that is a staple in my diet. If I find any other reason for the illness experienced, I will delete this review. Cannot recommend it.

Is milder than ascorbic acid but still irritates stomach

Posted by 4771196501841825363 on May 09, 2013

After reading "The Healing Factor: Vitamin C Against Disease" by Irwin Stone I concluded that it is vital to supplement with vitamin C. I first turned to ascorbic acid, but it irritated my stomach. I then turned to this product in hopes that it would be kinder to me, but it wasn't.