Good for what ails you

Posted by Reviewer2602333 on Oct 25, 2011

Sodium Ascorbate is very soluble in water, and so can be mixed with other things. 'Tis great for first aid. If you get a burn, cut or scrape, and you don't want it to get infected, sprinkle it directly on the would and cover it up with a bandage, been using it for years.

Okay product

Posted by Reviewer2543854 on Mar 02, 2009

Doesn't disolve as well as NOW brand Sodium Ascorbate

Titrate to Bowel Tolerance for optimal health

Posted by Reviewer18018967 on Jun 27, 2012

I use it everyday, put half a tea spoon in a 500ml bottle of filtered water, add a table spoon of raw, organic, Apple Cider Vinegar and thats my drink of choice. Love it now, water doesnt feel the same without those two extra ingredients! Its my tonic of choice. And the white of my eyes is whiter than ever! If that is not a sign of good health, not sure what it is! Now, the amount of Vit C one shopuld take daily depends on the state of your health, healthy people can only take 1 or 2 grams before they reach bowel tolerance (loose bowel movements), while people with cancer, can take 20 or 30 grams and never reach bowel tolerance, the body simply needs all the Vit C it can get to fight the cancer. So, my advise is: titrate to bowel tolerance to find out how much you need, everybody is different and your body knows better how much it needs. This way, you know the right amount for both babies and adults. Just stop or slightly reduce when the stools become too loose for your liking. The official 60mg recommended daily amount, is just to avoid scurvy, and in no way leads to optimal health, it is generally considered a joke in the scientific community, but it wont be changed to a higher level because people would be much healthier and wouldnt fall ill as much, and there is lot of money to be made with illnesses.

excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1854340 on May 22, 2013

This is an excellent and affordable product. I started taking it for my sinusitis and asthma problems. It helped reduce my allergic sensitivity and has made it easier for me to breathe. It is cheaper than any alternative available in this country (Australia) and is packed in a more convenient container (vitamin C powder comes in a large sachet in Australia, which is awkward and messy). I noticed that another commenter complained about the lack of sturdiness of the cap/lid on this container, but I have not found that to be a problem. This product also good because it is not calcium ascorbate. I have no desire to take large quantities of calcium, since not only has calcium been recently and scientifically proven to NOT prevent osteoporosis, but it also clogs up your arteries, causes heart disease and affects your joints. Read about Vitamin K2 if you don't believe me.

Nutribiotic Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1649711 on Nov 27, 2008

Mixes very well as opposed to the last product I used. It is very easy to get your daily needed amount (I use 1 teaspoon) because it will mix in any liquid very smoothly with hardly no taste. I will continue to use this to boost my immune system.

Great Find, No GMO

Posted by Reviewer2209872 on Apr 04, 2008

This is one of the only brands I found that is Sodium Ascorbate (as opposed to Calcium Ascorbate) and that is GMO/Dairy, etc. free.

Great Product - Great Price

Posted by Reviewer1210119 on Jan 06, 2010

This is a wonderful form of vitamin C. It is not acidic and it mixes with water or juice perfectly.

Tastes like Baking Soda

Posted by Reviewer2622066 on Nov 26, 2008

This tastes like baking soda.

Excellent source for Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1241905 on Oct 22, 2009

I've tried many forms and brands of Vitamin C and this is by far the most economical and best tasting of them all. And, the fact that it's pharmaceutical grade, tells me that I'm getting what I paid for. Try it, you'll like it.

mild tasting

Posted by Reviewer1319839 on Nov 16, 2008

This is easy to take in apple juice. You don't taste it too much.