Is milder than ascorbic acid but still irritates stomach

Posted by 4771196501841825363 on May 09, 2013

After reading "The Healing Factor: Vitamin C Against Disease" by Irwin Stone I concluded that it is vital to supplement with vitamin C. I first turned to ascorbic acid, but it irritated my stomach. I then turned to this product in hopes that it would be kinder to me, but it wasn't.

mild tasting

Posted by Reviewer1319839 on Nov 16, 2008

This is easy to take in apple juice. You don't taste it too much.

A great way to get vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1465605 on Oct 26, 2014

I add this to my morning smoothie. I like that, because it's a powdered form, the body absorbs it more completely than pill form. I add it to my husband's smoothie as well. He has a problem taking Vitamin C because it causes him mouth sores. He hasn't gotten any mouth sores with this. This alone is a good enough reason for me to stick with this. Also, I'm a huge "take a boatload of vitamin C and D at the first sign of a cold" person. I haven't had to since taking this. I had an "almost cold". You know, that first day of achiness and a tickle in the back of my throat, but that's as far as it got. The next day, it was gone. I'm quite pleased with this :]

THE BEST YET!

Posted by 4988746653460685916 on Feb 19, 2016

I use this sodium ascorbate to make my own lipsomal vit c, and have found it a superb mix with NOW lecithin granules. I use the "Quality Liposomal Vitamin C" formula off of the internet, using vodka as the alchohol content. It is way stronger than the bought stuff i find. Shall continue to purchase this brand. Many thanks x

Great value and product

Posted by 4630586466642645609 on Mar 31, 2016

This is by far the most cost effective way to get your daily Vitamin C. The good thing about sodium ascorbate is that this form has the highest solubility in water making it very easy to absorb. It is also non-acidic so it isn't hard on the teeth like pure ascorbic acid is. Sodium ascorbate is the form that the well know vitamin c researcher Linus Pauling used for his own health on a daily basis. Ideally I do prefer ascorbic acid (the acid form is a stronger antioxidant, just not as quickly absorbed) with bioflavinoids (bioflavinoids work synergisticly with vit c) made by this same manufacturer, but iHerb doesn't seem to carry it. I have not tried any of the fat+water soluble forms of vitamin c such as liposomal or palmitate because they are more expensive. These powdered forms from NutriBiotic will last a very long time, have no additives or fillers, it is very easy to choose your own dosage, and is very affordable.

Buffered Vit C Excellent for Salt Water Reef Aquarium

Posted by Reviewer2675629 on Feb 23, 2009

Product was delivered quickly at a reasonable price. It is a great additive for salt water tanks. I'm dosing 1/4 tsp twice a day for my 100 gallon reef. This is a low, supplemental level. Higher level are required to attain a cure for any particular ailments. This product is especially helpful to soft-water corals, though I use it for SPS (hard corals). Vit C must be buffered in order to avoid driving the pH down below acceptable levels. Note: Vit C degrades quickly and therefore must be continuously dosed. Cannot pre-mix in H2O or it will break down before used. I bet this is a rare response for this product, or maybe not.

Excellent Product!

Posted by Reviewer2955621 on Apr 04, 2009

I love this form of vitamin C. It absorbs better then pills and it’s also great that it’s alkalizing instead of acidic, as are other forms of the C vitamins. I have no complaints about this product at all, but I do take issue with the company using this type of lid. It’s soft plastic and will rip easily from the obvious reasons; Opening and closing the lid. Once it has a ripped place on the lid, it makes it almost impossible to open without causing the rip to enlarge. I’m sure the powder needs to stay dry and with no constant airflow. They need to rethink this design in my opinion.

Sodium Ascorbate

Posted by Reviewer2647493 on Aug 07, 2008

I use this product for supplement in my reef tank. My corals and fish thrive with this stuff.

Essential Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer3223293 on Mar 13, 2009

Our family have relied on this product for our daily essential Vitamin C intake for several years now, and have found it the most effective source yet, giving all the benefits without the acidity associated with many other Vitamin C products on the market. I was happy to find iHerb carried this product at a very competitive price, with speedy reliable international delivery through DHL at reasonable charges. I received my package within 4 days, where it would have taken 1-2 weeks previously. Thank you iHerb, I'm glad I found your site!

5 stars for Iherb, 1 star for NutriBiotic

Posted by 4754460417595367392 on Jan 19, 2016

First off.. 5 stars for Iherb for a fairly quick delivery to germany. Second.. the 1 star for NutriBiotic is not because of bad quality of the product, but for the reason that my package did only contain 293g instead of 454g !! (yes, the package was sealed). Thats more then 30% !! less and a big fraud in my opinion. Maybe i got unlucky and received a "monday" product production error, since nobody else seem to complain about that issue. But still im very disappointed and im not sure if a give this brand another chance.