Excellent source for Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1241905 on Oct 22, 2009

I've tried many forms and brands of Vitamin C and this is by far the most economical and best tasting of them all. And, the fact that it's pharmaceutical grade, tells me that I'm getting what I paid for. Try it, you'll like it.

mild tasting

Posted by Reviewer1319839 on Nov 16, 2008

This is easy to take in apple juice. You don't taste it too much.

Buffered Vit C Excellent for Salt Water Reef Aquarium

Posted by Reviewer2675629 on Feb 23, 2009

Product was delivered quickly at a reasonable price. It is a great additive for salt water tanks. I'm dosing 1/4 tsp twice a day for my 100 gallon reef. This is a low, supplemental level. Higher level are required to attain a cure for any particular ailments. This product is especially helpful to soft-water corals, though I use it for SPS (hard corals). Vit C must be buffered in order to avoid driving the pH down below acceptable levels. Note: Vit C degrades quickly and therefore must be continuously dosed. Cannot pre-mix in H2O or it will break down before used. I bet this is a rare response for this product, or maybe not.

A great way to get vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1465605 on Oct 26, 2014

I add this to my morning smoothie. I like that, because it's a powdered form, the body absorbs it more completely than pill form. I add it to my husband's smoothie as well. He has a problem taking Vitamin C because it causes him mouth sores. He hasn't gotten any mouth sores with this. This alone is a good enough reason for me to stick with this. Also, I'm a huge "take a boatload of vitamin C and D at the first sign of a cold" person. I haven't had to since taking this. I had an "almost cold". You know, that first day of achiness and a tickle in the back of my throat, but that's as far as it got. The next day, it was gone. I'm quite pleased with this :]

Excellent Product!

Posted by Reviewer2955621 on Apr 04, 2009

I love this form of vitamin C. It absorbs better then pills and it’s also great that it’s alkalizing instead of acidic, as are other forms of the C vitamins. I have no complaints about this product at all, but I do take issue with the company using this type of lid. It’s soft plastic and will rip easily from the obvious reasons; Opening and closing the lid. Once it has a ripped place on the lid, it makes it almost impossible to open without causing the rip to enlarge. I’m sure the powder needs to stay dry and with no constant airflow. They need to rethink this design in my opinion.

Sodium Ascorbate

Posted by Reviewer2647493 on Aug 07, 2008

I use this product for supplement in my reef tank. My corals and fish thrive with this stuff.

Great value and product

Posted by 4630586466642645609 on Mar 31, 2016

This is by far the most cost effective way to get your daily Vitamin C. The good thing about sodium ascorbate is that this form has the highest solubility in water making it very easy to absorb. It is also non-acidic so it isn't hard on the teeth like pure ascorbic acid is. Sodium ascorbate is the form that the well know vitamin c researcher Linus Pauling used for his own health on a daily basis. Ideally I do prefer ascorbic acid (the acid form is a stronger antioxidant, just not as quickly absorbed) with bioflavinoids (bioflavinoids work synergisticly with vit c) made by this same manufacturer, but iHerb doesn't seem to carry it. I have not tried any of the fat+water soluble forms of vitamin c such as liposomal or palmitate because they are more expensive. These powdered forms from NutriBiotic will last a very long time, have no additives or fillers, it is very easy to choose your own dosage, and is very affordable.

NutriBiotic, Sodium Ascorbate Crystalline

Posted by Reviewer1454240 on Sep 27, 2008

I actually use this in a saltwater aquarium, I can't say enough about it. It's better than any chemicals that may harm your fish and coral. My fish have never been healthier, my coralline algae has really taken off & my nitrates are at an all time low. I would and have recommended this product to everyone.

Essential Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer3223293 on Mar 13, 2009

Our family have relied on this product for our daily essential Vitamin C intake for several years now, and have found it the most effective source yet, giving all the benefits without the acidity associated with many other Vitamin C products on the market. I was happy to find iHerb carried this product at a very competitive price, with speedy reliable international delivery through DHL at reasonable charges. I received my package within 4 days, where it would have taken 1-2 weeks previously. Thank you iHerb, I'm glad I found your site!

Nutribiotic Sodium Ascorbate Vitamin C

Posted by 5709754793366119560 on Jan 19, 2015

I have been using this product for years, first for my golden retriever for bladder stones, instead of a special diet. Once he started on this he never had stones again. The wonders of Vitamin C! I continued to use this on a daily basis with my Labador.