New To iHerb?

NutriBiotic, Sodium Ascorbate, Crystalline Powder, 16 oz (454 g)

Excellent Product!

Posted by Reviewer2955621 on Apr 04, 2009

I love this form of vitamin C. It absorbs better then pills and it’s also great that it’s alkalizing instead of acidic, as are other forms of the C vitamins. I have no complaints about this product at all, but I do take issue with the company using this type of lid. It’s soft plastic and will rip easily from the obvious reasons; Opening and closing the lid. Once it has a ripped place on the lid, it makes it almost impossible to open without causing the rip to enlarge. I’m sure the powder needs to stay dry and with no constant airflow. They need to rethink this design in my opinion.

Mixes easily

Posted by Reviewer1052411 on Nov 24, 2008

in smoothies and adds a citrus/acid taste, which appeals to me. In water tastes like bicarb. I prefer a powder instead of tablets or capsules.

This C seems much less potent, than 'natural' C tabs.

Posted by JESUSiTRUSTInYOU on May 25, 2012

While taking this I quickly developed a very bad sinus infection, which progressed into a very bad chest cold, the first such illness I've had in years. I had to stop taking it. Returned to taking the 'natural' C 1000 mg tabs I had been taking. Will not continue taking this product. Will probably throw it away, which I normally would never do, with a supplement that is a staple in my diet. If I find any other reason for the illness experienced, I will delete this review. Cannot recommend it.

Is milder than ascorbic acid but still irritates stomach

Posted by 4771196501841825363 on May 09, 2013

After reading "The Healing Factor: Vitamin C Against Disease" by Irwin Stone I concluded that it is vital to supplement with vitamin C. I first turned to ascorbic acid, but it irritated my stomach. I then turned to this product in hopes that it would be kinder to me, but it wasn't.

NutriBiotic, Sodium Ascorbate Crystalline

Posted by Reviewer1454240 on Sep 27, 2008

I actually use this in a saltwater aquarium, I can't say enough about it. It's better than any chemicals that may harm your fish and coral. My fish have never been healthier, my coralline algae has really taken off & my nitrates are at an all time low. I would and have recommended this product to everyone.