Tastes like Baking Soda

Posted by Reviewer2622066 on Nov 26, 2008

This tastes like baking soda.

Excellent Product!

Posted by Reviewer2955621 on Apr 04, 2009

I love this form of vitamin C. It absorbs better then pills and it’s also great that it’s alkalizing instead of acidic, as are other forms of the C vitamins. I have no complaints about this product at all, but I do take issue with the company using this type of lid. It’s soft plastic and will rip easily from the obvious reasons; Opening and closing the lid. Once it has a ripped place on the lid, it makes it almost impossible to open without causing the rip to enlarge. I’m sure the powder needs to stay dry and with no constant airflow. They need to rethink this design in my opinion.

Is milder than ascorbic acid but still irritates stomach

Posted by 4771196501841825363 on May 09, 2013

After reading "The Healing Factor: Vitamin C Against Disease" by Irwin Stone I concluded that it is vital to supplement with vitamin C. I first turned to ascorbic acid, but it irritated my stomach. I then turned to this product in hopes that it would be kinder to me, but it wasn't.

This C seems much less potent, than 'natural' C tabs.

Posted by GODisLife on May 25, 2012

While taking this I quickly developed a very bad sinus infection, which progressed into a very bad chest cold, the first such illness I've had in years. I had to stop taking it. Returned to taking the 'natural' C 1000 mg tabs I had been taking. Will not continue taking this product. Will probably throw it away, which I normally would never do, with a supplement that is a staple in my diet. If I find any other reason for the illness experienced, I will delete this review. Cannot recommend it.

Buffered Vit C Excellent for Salt Water Reef Aquarium

Posted by Reviewer2675629 on Feb 23, 2009

Product was delivered quickly at a reasonable price. It is a great additive for salt water tanks. I'm dosing 1/4 tsp twice a day for my 100 gallon reef. This is a low, supplemental level. Higher level are required to attain a cure for any particular ailments. This product is especially helpful to soft-water corals, though I use it for SPS (hard corals). Vit C must be buffered in order to avoid driving the pH down below acceptable levels. Note: Vit C degrades quickly and therefore must be continuously dosed. Cannot pre-mix in H2O or it will break down before used. I bet this is a rare response for this product, or maybe not.