Nutricology, Mastic Gum, 120 Veggie Caps

4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews

could be in a better form (chewable)

Posted by Reviewer1229339 From France on Feb 23, 2009

It would be nice to make real chewable Mastic Gum available again as it's also very good for teeth health.

Mastic Gum

Posted by Reviewer2548166 From Maryland on Jan 04, 2011

Product doesn't have the strength as the other brand I've been using.

No miracles here

Posted by Reviewer1314568 From Canada on Jul 24, 2010

I've used this product daily, as recommended, for several months and have had no improvement in my epigastric pain. I had high hopes for this product based on the great reviews. Alas, it did nothing for me.

Alternative to Pharmaceuticals and Antibiotics

Posted by rabbit on Aug 30, 2012

I LOVE mastic gum. This is amazing stuff. When you open the bottle, you get a whiff of what smells very similar to a pine tree. It is an awesome scent. Recently, I was under a great deal of stress and was having constant pain in my upper abdomen. I am not sure what it was, but it felt like it might be pain from gastritis, ulcers, and/or hiatal hernia. The pain started a few months after I began taking Potassium Gluconate, which I later learned can cause gastritis. I started taking mastic gum along with Doctor's Best PepZinGI, licorice (DGL), slippery elm, and acidophilus. The combination significantly soothed the pain I was having. I am no longer having those pains, so whatever it was must have healed. The mastic gum was my favorite supplement out of all of the others I took and I'd say it was also the most powerful. Whenever it feels like I may have a stomach virus, gastritis, or ulcer pain, it is the first supplement I take. It relieves stomach pain, discomfort, heartburn, acid reflux, and other deigestive conditions very quickly and effectively. I recommend this for anyone with digestive or gastrointestinal issues of any kind. From http://www.modernherbalist.com/products/mastica.html: "It has been found to be an effective alternative to pharmaceuticals in the treatment of gastrititis, gastro-esophegeal reflux disease (GERD) and many types of intestinal inflammation. It is a safe and effective alternative to antibiotics in the treatment of stomach and duodenal ulcers and the clearance of the bacteria so frequently the cause of these conditions, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). Unlike antibiotics, Mastica does not eradicate the populations of friendly bacteria in the intestines, so crucial to health and well-being."

Nutricology Mastic Gum

Posted by Reviewer1530174 From Arizona on Jan 03, 2013

This has helped me so much with stomach issues, and has helped clear a recurring H-pylori infection.