New To iHerb?

Nutrient Carriers Incorporated, Advanced Research, Lithium Orotate, 200 Tablets (Discontinued Item)

Stabilizing my bipolar.

Posted by Reviewer2517175 on Sep 05, 2007

I've taken just other medication for my bipolar for three years and was starting to have more frequent and severe breakthrough swings. Considering options with my provider she was hesitant to put me on Lithium Carbonate due to side effects and had never heard of Li Orotate. My research into Li Orotate at proper doses reported no side effects and I decided to add this to my other medication before trying other options. I'm happy to say it has stabilized my mood, and lifted some of my apathy and depression to a degree that the other medication alone never did. I can't take antidepressants, (I'm extremely sensitive to them, ex: fish oil has very mild antidepressant properties and sent me into the worst mania of my life), so I've been very pleased to be in "better and more stable spirits" without any side effects. Note: your therapeutic range of Li Orotate cannot be determined with bloodwork because of its route of absorption. The absorption route is also the reason that Li Orotate is taken in much smaller doses than Li Carbonate.

Helps Depression

Posted by Reviewer3095538 on Oct 21, 2008

I have been taking lithium orotate for about 8 months and have not suffered a depression episode since. I was concerned about taking lithium but decided in the small dose I am taking, one pill a day, it should be safe. I have suffered with depression most of my life and took antidepressants years ago but decided I would just learn to live with my depression, then I hit perimenopause and my depressive episodes became worse. The lithium orotate has made a world of difference.

I think it helps.

Posted by Reviewer2024094 on Mar 12, 2008

Been struggling with the ups and downs, all my adult life; I'm fifty-five. I have used this product for about three weeks now and my moods seem much more stable. I take this in combination with Kava. I'm 230#'s and take one pill in the morning and one in the evening. The stabilizing effects were pretty much immediate; within a weeks time, I notice that things seems a lot less intense. FWIW, I don't have a drinking or drug problem but I do enjoy either a quality Bourbon or a decently made Cabernet Franc. :) Wishing all good mental health and hope the above helps.

The Answer to a Prayer!

Posted by Reviewer2453037 on Nov 23, 2007

All Lithium Orotate is not created equal. From my extensive research, the Advanced Research Brand (this one) and the Atrium Brand are the best out there. Advanced Research has 4.8 mg. per tablet while Atrium has 5 mg. per tablet. However, I feel that the Advanced Research brand is actually better in many ways because it doesn't have as many extra ingredients added to it AND it is the formula created by Dr. Neiper who was the expert on Lithium Orotate. All that said, I can tell you that this stuff has been an answer to a prayer LITERALLY. For my husband, after 5 years of trying to quit smoking at least 20 times, when he began dosing himself with the appropriate amount of Lithium Orotate, he was FINALLY able to quit tobacco. Proper dosing is absolutely essential as if you dose too low, you will not reap the benefits. The basics are 5 mg. per 50 lbs of body weight. However, if you are like my husband and weigh 190 AND you are trying to quit smoking and/or give up an addiction, you can increase that dose by one or two tablets a day. My husband used 6 a day, spread out and it helped like nothing else. I found out that tobacco has lithium in it and that's one of the reasons it's so sedating to smoke. Now he's down to five a day and it's been almost 21 days off cigarettes. I'm not saying it's been easy for him BUT he says that if he didn't have the Lithium Orotate, he doesn't know what he'd do. For myself, just three a day has made a world of difference to me. I am calmer, much more focused and feel a core sense of control over my emotions. When I do get upset, I don't linger on it and brood as I used to. The ONLY thing I'm doing differently is the Lithium Orotate so it's got to be making the difference in my moods. Dr. Shealy (alternative health doc) loves Lithium Orotate and says that we all need it to preserve brain function. He says you can take as much as 45 mg. a day but I think that'd be too much for most thinner people (if you're basing it on weight.) I simply can't say enough about this wonderful supplement and I will be purchasing more from iherb forever.

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2683941 on Dec 13, 2008

I noticed an immediate difference in my level of stress and anxiety. No drowsiness or lethargy, just a nice relaxed mood. Also took the mental fog away--won't be without this one!