Best yogurt starter.

Posted by SkippyGurl on Oct 10, 2013

Made really delicious soy yogurt with this! Just 1 capsule to one litre of milk. I am getting more bang for my buck by culturing more bacteria in yogurt. One capsule now lasts me 2 weeks in the form of yogurt! Awesome stuff!

Excellent for bloating

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jun 12, 2013

Finally found probiotics that do something! I always thought before that they were all expired as they're known to not be shelf stable, even the refrigerated ones. However I have done several liver cleanses for over a year and doing a gut cleanse as well so I think now this stuff has a chance to adhere. For the first time I can see what I look without bloating. Need new, smaller jeans!

Product contains magnesium stearate

Posted by Jeffrey-Singapore on Oct 08, 2013

I ordered this product as the ingredients list shown on iHerb did not include magnesium stearate. But when I got the actual product, I saw that the ingredients list label stating that it does contain magnesium stearate. I am disappointed that iHerb has either sent me the wrong product (I understand that Nutrition Now has an original formula which includes magnesium stearate, but that bottle has a blue cap), or Nutrition Now has sent iHerb the wrong information. Either way, I would not order this again if it does contain magnesium stearate.

recommended

Posted by Reviewer1099448 on Oct 12, 2010

This probiotic was recommended to me years ago. It helps maintain a healthy and functional lower digestive track. I am convinced that a healthy intestinal track is much more critical for health than is generally recognized. For example, following any surgery which involves powerful antibiotics, the intestinal track is heavily damaged, and I am convinced that is the main cause of death due to complications, especially among old people. The MD community seems totally unaware of this. My elderly father had this problem, and the MD tried to repair the damaged intestinal track using another antibiotic. Start taking probiotics after surgery as soon as possible!

Can't sleep

Posted by Reviewer2139449 on Jan 09, 2014

This review is not about the product quality. It's probably a good product for the intended uses. I am just warning for people who try them and notice sleep problems, It really affects my sleep and I just take hours to fall asleep. It's probably a side effect because I read other people having the same issue. I cant take them. Hope it helps

A good product and good price

Posted by Reviewer3101973 on Jun 16, 2012

I bought this for my dad to help repopulate his gut with good bacteria following a clostridium dificile infection that was brought on by antibiotics following surgery. He has been taking this for six months, along with two other probiotics and he is doing much better now. Please be aware if you are considering surgery that life threatening antibiotic resistant clostridium dificile infections are very common. We were told that by numerous doctors after the fact. It would have been helpful to know in advance and that's why I'm including it here.

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer2457307 on Sep 14, 2008

I've been taking this product for several years and love it! It stays affective in room temperature and great for travel. I found it very helpful in healing candida and yeast problems.

Help Constipation a bit more

Posted by Reviewer1690748 on Jul 31, 2012

I have CFS. I am trying all sort of different Pro-Biotic on Iherbs. I have been using Garden of life - Ultra Primal defence for 4 years, but now want to try different ones to see the effect and also so the body does not get used to same strain of bacteria and add different strain to it. This one is protected till it reaches small intestine so not killed by the stomach acid. Should be good, my experience of it is OK, not very different to Primal defence. I am now trying PB8, seems to help constipation more. I think with Probiotic, each person is So different in terms of their bacteria needs, what works for one does not work for another, it is so individual.And good to rotate a few different brand too to get different benefit.

DONT BUY

Posted by 5392239287674507986 on May 03, 2016

IHerb are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Not only do they ignore emails and requests for information but when they finally get around to answering you, they ask you to explain the situation, even though it has been explained over and over to them. They will provide you with cookie cutter customer service answers such as "we understand and are sorry" , but nothing gets resolved. I found them to be patronizing and will never use them again. If you want to deal with a company who has terrible customer service they are are a great fit.

Used to use this product

Posted by Reviewer1799761 on Apr 19, 2012

And i loved it for years, until they started using milk protein as a medium to grow the bacteria. I'm a vegan so i had to switch. Product bottle no longer says vegan or dairy-free. I was very disappointed. They are one of the only companies that makes acidophilis with veggie capsules. I buy Rainbow Light brand now.