O'Donnell Formulas, Flora Balance, Flora-Balance, 60 Capsules

saved my life!

Posted by Reviewer1404194 on Aug 15, 2009

I've been a loyal consumer of this product for over a decade now. After taking prescribed antibiotics for a mild but persistant cold, my otherwise healthy immune system was nearly wiped out and me along with it. When I consulted my physician he directed me to stop taking the antibiotics but made no recommendation for my new symptoms, inability to eat or even drink water without rumbling and cramps in my stomach for days and extreme weakness consequently. I remembered a brochure for this product I glanced at before in a health food store. I couldn't remember the name of it or which store but after some persistant calling around this was eventually suggested and I had to have a friend drive me there to buy it. I bought the liquid form since I didn't think I could drink water with the pills or powder. Within fifteen minutes of the first dose I could eat a cup of soup without any side effects. I followed the prescibed dose but found my stomach unable to tolerate more than 1 pill a day. Even now I usually take it only when I'm feeling rundown, sick, or whenever I eat yogurt or dairy products and that helps my stomach digest everything and I've been healthy ever since. If I do get a cold, as long as I have a supply of this BOD strain, I'm on my feet again in no time.

Taken to help Candida

Posted by reflexheather on Jan 29, 2014

I used this product for a couple of months alongside Super 8 probiotics. I developed candida after several strong courses of antibiotics and read that this BOD strain is beneficial for yeast problems. I found that it definitely helped my yeast problem. This strain does not colonise in the gut so it only lasts in your system as long as you are taking the product. I have worked for two of Dublin’s top health stores for 10 years and am now a holistic practitioner. I hope you found this review helpful.

flora balance

Posted by Reviewer1970696 on Mar 04, 2009

I purchased a bottle from a different source and it was remarkable. I decided to purchase this product from you along with the acidophilus plus. These products did nothing at all. It was as if they were expired and not active. Something wasn't right. Very disatisfied.

A unique product for health

Posted by Reviewer2602333 on Sep 13, 2009

I've been using Flora Balance for years. It soften's my stools and seems to do the job its suppose to do.

GREAT PRO-BIOTIC FOR TRAVELLERS, BUT DO NOT SHIP WITH DHL IF YOU LIVE IN CANADA

Posted by Reviewer3069660 on Oct 11, 2013

This products deserves 5 stars but because of shipping and outrageous extra fees impose by the CANADA CUSTOMS and DHL i gave it 1 star. This pro-biotic is top quality at an affordable price. Dr Group sells the same strain for 8$ more. I really enjoy this one when traveling cause it does not need refrigeration! Using DHL as a method of shipping to Canada is not good anymore. They will charge you expensive brokers fees and you will have to fill out a power of attorney and then scan it in order to send it back to them, and on top of that, trust them with your credit card number. Then they will have you wait for up to 2 weeks for a detailed receipt. On my last 200$ order from IHERBS they charged me 85$ in taxes and brokers fees, when taxes alone should have been around 30$. I suggest you use the mail (USPS) , it will take longer, but chances are you will not have to pay extra once it reaches customs.