Olympian Labs Inc., Lean & Healthy Pea Protein, Vanilla Flavor, 25.9 oz (736 g)

Good product, 4 stars

Posted by Reviewer1950359 on Sep 12, 2012

I previously used whey, but gradually developed a mild intolerance to it, so I switched to rice protein. I found a great tasting brand, but rice protein is always grainy in texture and somewhat hard to mix, plus the price went up so I decided to try pea protein. The consistency is excellent, smooth and fluffy, very easy to mix, at least with water. It's also more bioavailable than rice protein. It is mildly sweet because of the xylitol and stevia; certainly not too sweet by any measure! The taste was perhaps the only weakness of the product; it definitely tastes like ground peas, but the vanilla adds a nice touch and I'm sure I'll get used to the flavor eventually.

Olympian Labs Pea Protein

Posted by Reviewer2092919 on Jun 27, 2011

a little powdery. but 1 scoop gives about 25 g of protein.

Seems good!

Posted by Reviewer2728133 on Jul 17, 2010

I bought this product because Olympian labs appear to put a lot of research into their products& this was one of the few natural protein powders to list a BV value. I feel I'm getting a good amount of protein from this& it tastes delicious! One point that concerned me was that on the label it states the powder has a chemical known to cause birth defects. I spoke to Olympian labs & they said this is because of Californian law states that anything from the ground must state on the label that it can contain traces of lead. The amount in the powder though is negligible& not a cause for concern.

Tastes like peas

Posted by Reviewer1378072 on Mar 14, 2010

This is a funny protein powder; cause it kinda tastes like, well, peas. But not in a bad way. The "pea" factor is easily disguised by fruit, agave or almond butter ... I use this becuase I and whey/wheat/soy intolerant. Very high protein factor.

Olympian Pea Protein

Posted by Reviewer1237231 on Sep 22, 2010

This protein formula leaves me feeling very full for a few hours. The taste is very much like eating liquid mashed peas which I don't like but I have started using half scoop with a half scoop of the Rainbow chocolate energizer powder and am now enjoying the taste. The pea taste has gone by doing this.