Reviews 2-star

Good consistency but strong

Posted by Reviewer2646649 on Jan 02, 2010

The consistency of this soap is very firm. However, the rose smell was not pleasant like smelling a rose bush. It was more artificial and overpowering.

natural or not, it's still a soap

Posted by Reviewer1185210 on Sep 01, 2011

I was trying to find a natural alternative to cedaphil gentle skin cleanser. The soap smells very nice and it's huge so it'll last very long time but it dries out your skin like any other soap.

Not Moisturising For My Skin

Posted by shopzilla on Feb 03, 2016

This soap lathers extremely well, which for a natural soap, seems suspect to me. I do not have dry skin and usually when using natural soaps, I do not need to moisturise after. This soap however, left my skin feeling tight and papery so I had to slather on body oil after my shower, which my skin immediately drank up. A couple of hours later my skin felt dry again and I felt the need to reapply body oil. When I do apply body oil, the moisturising effect lasts at least a day. So, I have to say I did not feel the effect of the shea butter or any of the other moisturising ingredients in this soap. The rose scent is also almost non-existent . I do like the generous size and price of this bar, hence the two stars, but find it otherwise disappointing. I will not be buying this again. If you find this review helpful, please click the "Yes" button and click my username for more reviews. Thank you and happy shopping!