Maybe my expectations were too high?

Posted by Reviewer1172263 on Mar 04, 2014

My scalp has given me problems over the past few years since I moved to a region with much harsher winters and much more drastic changes in climate throughout the year. I have tried a variety of expensive shampoos said to be good for regulating the scalp and I have also tried the "no poo" method, though always with less than satisfactory results. I had high hopes for this product, with its natural ingredients and with the mostly positive reviews here. It was the first product I've used with neem as a key ingredient (I had seen neem here and there in other more high-end products also). Overall, though, my experience was disappointing. The first time I used the shampoo, I was surprised by how strong the smell is, and the cooling sensation (from the peppermint, or perhaps the neem?) was also very strong. It didn't bother me at first but thinking on this now, I wonder how good that would be for sensitive scalps. I didn't have any trouble with the texture, it was not as watery as others described. The first few washes left my hair feeling clean and not too dry, but I noticed that much more hair came out after drying, and after a while my hair started feeling kind of brittle. I used this shampoo less and alternated with other shampoos, but all in all it was disappointing (and the scent was not easy to get used to). Most importantly, though, my scalp didn't make any noticeable improvements -- still itchy, still flaky, not calmer than it was after using other shampoos. I am wondering now whether it is good to apply such strong ingredients (see the first four ingredients and also the plentiful citrus oils at the end of the list), no matter how natural, directly on my scalp. I eventually stopped using the bottle with over half of it still left.

Was not for me

Posted by Reviewer2627057 on Sep 03, 2016

I was so impressed when I first tried the product because it made my hair so shiny, however, after a few days of use, I realized my scalp was getting drier and drier each time I used it. It got to a point where I noticed my hair was starting to fall off, which is when I stopped using it. However, I think this shampoo has great potential. They just need to figure out the right formula to help customers who suffere from dry scalps and thinning hair. I wished I could have given it five stars because I did like how my hair was shinning all the time.