5 star - control of Diabetes 2

Posted by 4875328750685686782 on Mar 08, 2016

I am 72 - was diagnosed with type 2 about 4 years ago.After taking a specialised medicine and strict diet (no goodies......) I beat it after 6 months and was OK for almost 4 years thanks strictly to strict diet and munching on a lot of lettuce! Then last year, after a severe fall I had to be in hospital for 2 months. After 2 weeks, I noticed that my blood sugar had gone up again (I was eating the "diabetic friendly" menu. When I stopped taking the "friendly" desserts, my blood sugar count came back to normal.Back home after 2 months, but still unable to do anything with my right arm, I took delicious meals from the YWCA mobile meals - absolutely home made type but, again, my blood sugar came up (I believe it was because of the commercial sauces and gravies that were on all the food = delicious, but apparently not diabetic friendly. I couldn't do anything about it as I still couldn't cook - so went back on the Diabetes medicine. But after 6 months, I realised that I had tingling in my feet - and the Diabetic Nurse told me it was a common side effect of the medicine. I immediately came off the medicine and Googled natural remedies. After a week or so of taking the Banaba leaf (3 a day) plus Gymnema (Also 3), Best Alpha Lipoic Acid 600 (2 a day), Best L-Carnitine Fumarate 855mg (1 a day), Chromium 500mcg (1 per day)and Best Acetyl L Carnitine HCI 588 mg, I say the blood sugar count going down. And since a bit more than a month, I keep it under the "acceptable" 10 level. And this week - so after 2 months - I noticed that I no longer have the tingling in my feet. Good luck to all you Diabetes 2 out there. But iHerb is currently out of the Banaba Leaf so I recommend using the 180 capsule size and ordering 2 so we can reorder as soon as the first bottle is finished. Same thing with the other supplements - to always have the next one available. The Banaba Leaf is absolutely impossible to find here in NZ - probably elsewhere also.

Doesn't work

Posted by Reviewer1878151 on Aug 22, 2015

It didn't do nothing for my type 2 diabetic mother

Banaba

Posted by Reviewer1615722 on Mar 01, 2012

Is not helpful at all.

Nothing special

Posted by Reviewer2459651 on Dec 19, 2010

Most common fiber. Didn't help with my digestion problem.

Saw No Benefit

Posted by Reviewer2609712 on Mar 19, 2008

This herb contains about 1% Corisolic acid which is suppose to be the new fad in the weight loss world for its ability to inhibit the body from turning sugar into stored fat but I saw absolutely zero benefit. Try it for yourself and let me know if its just me or the product doesnt work.