typical depressant - a good sleeping pill

Posted by Reviewer1078080 on Mar 26, 2011

I started taking it before bed because it makes me too sleepy and unmotivated if I take it in the morning. It is very easy to fall asleep again on it after waking up in the night. I don't think this herb has any antidepressant properties, quite the opposite it makes me feel depressed and lacking energy. I take a mild stimulant during the day to counteract that - welbutrin. The alleged bacopa effect on memory is not pronounced - I noticed I find words to express myself easier but it could well be just a placebo effect.

Great for Focus, Nerve Pain

Posted by Reviewer3120387 on Dec 28, 2007

Found that it enhances OCD behaviors a bit, and can make you a bit individualistic. My girlfriend and I take it along with Ribose which mitigates the above problems. We have both been taking this supplement off and on for the past year. Combined with American Ginseng, Eulethero, Ribose, EGCg it has allowed my girlfriend to begin working and get off of Disability which she has been on for 8 years.

Paradise Herbs - bacopa - will never buy again

Posted by Reviewer3228476 on Jul 08, 2011

Very poor quality; some caps only half full; given such obvious lack of quality control I have some doubts if the caps are really standardized - I have not noticed any improvements after taking it for more than four weeks.

Brain food that works!

Posted by Reviewer1842361 on May 14, 2011

I was feeling mentally fatigued after being in a bad relationship, changing careers and losing a parent. My mom was diagnosed with the early signs of dementia so I found this herb for her. She didn't want to take it so I tried it on myself. This is a wonderful herb. I recommend it to everyone who needs to rejuvenate those synapses!

Truly amazing

Posted by Reviewer1598869 on Sep 16, 2012

This product will help you remember things you don't even want to remember! It really works. Improved my piano, guitar playing song recall.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1450516 on Jan 28, 2009

We are seeing improvements in cognition and memory. I think the Bacopa is helping.

Focus

Posted by Reviewer1097893 on Aug 18, 2009

Love this product for focus and concentration.

Mid relax sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2744608 on May 19, 2010

Bacopa its well know for its ability to induce relax and sleep (among other things but these are the only effects you gona note at short-term), but i find that higher concentrations products like this one (at 50% bacosides) cant be taken just before going to bed because of a little exiting effect. Take it 5 to 6 hours before going to bed instead. Sweet dreams.

Capsues partially filled.

Posted by Reviewer1450575 on May 05, 2008

checked the amount of bacopa in each capsule averaged only about 200 mgs per capsule. Amount inconsistent from one to the next

Has helped me immensely with work.

Posted by Reviewer2795397 on Oct 18, 2011

If you're only going to take one nootropic, make this it. One of the most effective ways I've found to get through an otherwise boring work day. I've tried nearly all nootropics and bacopa has always come up on top. Assists thyroid function too.