Paradise Herbs, South African Hoodia, 180 Veggie Caps (Discontinued Item)

Not a miracle, but it helps a lot in SLIGHTLY higher doses (4+/dy) .

Posted by Reviewer1685556 From Virginia on Jun 11, 2011

If you are looking for something to effortlessly 'melt' off your weight, or give you the motivation you lack, you need to stop looking and just work on body image; there is no such thing. The safety of hoodia IS a mystery so makers of the supplement tend to shoot low for their suggested dose. I have read that you need at least 1 - 1 1/2 grams of it per day. I know that I need at least a gram (two twice a day), and a third dose late at night is helpful when I am being a night owl. BTW, people have reported completely losing their appetite if they take a massive dose, however for your liver's sake, I would not recommend that. Remember this is NOT food, it's NOT a nutritional supplement, it's a natural drug. Your body is going to need to break it down and eliminate it. IT ISN'T THE SAME THING AS NUTRITION - so respect it like medicine and be careful! Also, it works better if you take it regularly so that levels in your body stays constant. If you stop or, for instance, forget the second dose in the afternoon, the munchies are going to overtake you like a wave because the first dose made you eat less and your body will notice the drop in calories and try to make up for it - just like it always does when you cut back or stop eating. THE VALUE OF HOODIA IS THAT IT CAN CURB THIS 'DIETERS HUNGER' AND GET YOU OVER THE CRITICAL FIRST STAGES OF WEIGHT LOSS. Think about taking Banaba Leaf too - it levels out blood sugar - good if you are or suspect that you are insulin resistant. Hope this helps!

takes away hunger feelings

Posted by MikaelP From Sweden on Jan 26, 2010

For me hoodia not only reduces hunger sensations or sugar cravings, it also balances and maintains my energy level, noticed that almost immediately.

Hoodia works for me

Posted by Reviewer1589574 From Minnesota on Feb 08, 2010

This is the 2nd package of Hoodia that I ordered from iHerb. It works for me controlling my appetite. It's been my observation that the body adopts to whatever substance I've been taking, and the substance stops being so effective. Therefore I change from one to another to fool the body somewhat. So far I've lost 1 size and keep on going. I take 2 caps of Hoodia before each meal 3 times a day.

It does indeed lessen appetite

Posted by Reviewer1643556 From Illinois on Mar 28, 2010

This will make you less hungry. It is a good proactive appetite suppressant for trying to lose weight and it also prolongs hunger for long days when you have to eat later than you would like. I certainly have been impressed, especially because I was a skeptic.

Best Product for Price

Posted by Reviewer1929834 From Oregon on Aug 11, 2009

It's been one week of taking Paradise Herbs hoodia and I immediately noticed no desire for late night snacking. Still hungry at meal times, but get fuller, faster. No cravings for sweets or bread. Only give the product 4 stars as the mgs are pretty low per pill, and I have to take 3 pills before every meal to get results. So, get the bigger bottle, you will go through them fast.