Not a great coffee substitute

Posted by 5531213142908494821 on Mar 23, 2016

I purchased this product because so many reviews were positive, but don't be fooled. I had to quit drinking coffee because my body just doesn't handle it well anymore. If you're looking for a substitute for coffee, what I've learned is that there is none! This product tastes like burnt instant coffee at best. It also lacks the depth of coffee. It's not even good with milk and sugar. In fact, it's so bad that I won't even finish the tin. Strangely, the only thing I've found that satisfies my cravings for coffee is dandelion tea. It has a depth that these coffee substitutes lack.

Cheap

Posted by Yevheniia on Feb 25, 2016

Not impressed, but it's a hit because of the price and size

not great

Posted by Romlenz on Apr 09, 2015

It's ok I suppose, if you can't find any other Barley coffee but it taste a bit burned (same with Cafix). I'll stick to Barley Cup instead. Can be ordered from the U.K.

chang

Posted by 4990628937718319997 on Feb 05, 2014

It's far from the taste of true coffee

이거 커피는 아니예요..

Posted by Reviewer1458514 on Mar 27, 2012

보리차임... 이과수커피같은줄알았는데.. 부모님 이과수커피대신 드셔보시라고 드렸다가.. 표정이..-_-;; ㅎㅎ 근데 그냥 커피아니고 차로 생각하면 마실만해요

Oh MY

Posted by Reviewer1001172 on May 20, 2011

I expected something more like Postum. The Jury is still out on this product. It is much stronger than I antisipated. I like that it is cafeine free. I have not given it up yet. I am VERY IMPRESSED with the excellent service that I have gotten from iHerb. They are VERY QUICK and ACCURATE in filling my orders. I expect I will be doing business with iHerb for a very long time.