Pero, Instant Natural Beverage Mix, Extra Dark Roast, 100% Caffeine Free, 5.25 oz (150 g)

Reviews 4-star

Quitting Coffee - Caffeine - going on 3 days now with no coffee at all! UPDATED

Posted by Reviewer2186607 on Jun 18, 2012

Using this product to help quit coffee - love the taste - better than Cafix product and bueno products (both are coffee substitutes) but still - if they ever bring back Postum I'd switch to that in a heartbeat! This does have the rich, dark flavor for me - but there's just nothing that replaces the smell of coffee brewing - if they came up with something that did - and it was caffeine free - I'd buy it! UPDATED: I have been off coffee now (June 2012) for 6 months now! It (Pero) has been my morning drink - and my afternoon, evening and middle of the night drink - it has no caffeine - so I can have it whenever I want! One way I found to make a 'coffee house' style morning beverage with this - I make my Pero - just a little stronger than normal - add a little agave, and using my magic bullet I blend up some organic plain soy milk till its frothy and pour that on top of my coffee. If I want the vanilla flavor - I simply add a little real vanilla - nothing artificial - no 'non-dairy' chemicals, or man made flavors - purely delicious and enjoyable without the chemicals! Takes no more time to make than making a 'regular' cup of coffee adding the non-dairy creamers and sugars etc., yet is so much healthier for you! (If you crave a chocolate flavor in your 'coffee' use powdered carob sprinkled on top of the 'frothy' soymilk. (Or organic, raw cocoa powder.) I still use green tea - which has caffeine in it - but it is much less than coffee and better for you in that form - plus you get the antioxidants with the green tea!

Like it

Posted by 4641805876382278960 on Jul 29, 2012

I do like the dark roast, but Cafix is better. It is great for work, where I can just mix it with some hot water, and I can keep my previous coffee addiction in check.

tastes like cheap coffee but works as substitute

Posted by 4757100982762133574 on Oct 29, 2013

drinking it due to breastfeeding. mix it with little bit of good real coffee . Tastes better

Pretty Close To The Real Thing!

Posted by 4859399422927961033 on Dec 08, 2013

LOVE the extra dark roast blend. i would strongly advise that you mix flavored creamers in this before drinking it to give it the "real flavor of coffee". Very good though! FAST SHIPPING!