Physician's Formula, Inc., Healthy Wear, SPF 50, Powder Foundation, Translucent Light, 0.34 oz (9.6 g)

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Very good SPF powder

Posted by 5377804486048308868 on Sep 11, 2012

I have oily acne prone skin which this summer, was particularly oily. The products which I have used a year before did not work any more, in two hours max my face was an oil slick. I have ordered this product based on the reviews from Paula Begoun and because of the high SPF. Having SPF 50, I finally dared to use it by itself, without SPF moisturizer underneath. For me that was a mini-revelation. Not only does it keep my face matte (truth be told I do use Larenim Invisi-Pore under it plus a primer) but I also noticed a decrease in blackheads. Basically, every SPF moisturizer I have used before clogged my pores, and since I have ALWAYS used one, I thought that was the natural state of my skin. Also, I have noticed that my skin is clearer and brighter, and I am sure this powder has something to do with it. Now, by any means, this is not a rule, everyone reacts differently to everything, especially skincare, but if you are looking for a reliable SPF makeup, and are considering this powder, well, it is worth a try. The packaging is a little flimsy and seems not very high quality. I do not use the included sponge for application, but a powder brush from EcoTools. The coverage is sheer to medium, and it can be built, but because of the high SPF it will look chalky. Even with medium coverage, the powder is somewhat visible and a little white, it's not second skin quality coverage if that's what you're looking for, but for me, it is more than acceptable for what I get in return.

Disappointment :(

Posted by MyDewHerb on Apr 13, 2013

I bought this as I was looking for a nice powder foundation for rather fair skin. The colour is VERY light and it left my face looking very pale, had to mix with some mineral loose powder in order to get a more natural look. Also left my skin feeling a bit dry, I guess this would work well for oily skin.

I love this. It doesn't irritate my rosacea!

Posted by 4684017658681129044 on Sep 14, 2013

Most products set off my rosacea and burn my skin. I need to wear sunscreen even in winter and I hate the feeling of sunscreen especially in winter! This is so easy and convenient and I never want to be without it. It does give off some colour and doesn't cover my redness so if you have rosacea don't expect it too - but it slightly lessens it and doesn't burn (me anyway). Definitely worth a try.

great in summer instead of sunscreen or combined with it

Posted by 5368050681978753200 on Mar 01, 2014

I'm obliged to use a high protection sunscreen because I have no pigment on my face skin. Used it alone especially in those sweaty days of summer, otherwise on a chemical sunscreen base. Applied better with a brush. Careful if you apply it with the sponge provided: it transfers the oil from your face to the powder an creates a film that you will have to scratch off. That never happened with a brush - I use a Real Techniques one.

Ok but not great

Posted by GeorgiasMirror on Jul 19, 2013

This has very low coverage and doesn't keep skin matte for too long, it's also quite light and not really "translucent"

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »