Hurts my tongue and throat

Posted by Katarinatan on Aug 19, 2013

Is there a need for so much alcohol in this?? I gag and my throat hurts from swallowing it. The taste plus the copious amount of alcohol makes this product so unpleasant to take. Reminds me exactly of those 1980's 'health' tonics from china. Disgusting taste.

Definitely calms you

Posted by 5141177586047129799 on Jul 10, 2013

However, since the ingredient list notes 50% grain alcohol content, i'm thinking that this may just be the equivalent of taking a shot....

Not my thing

Posted by Reviewer1167667 on Sep 06, 2011

I tried this and rather than feeling any sort of calm, I felt agitated and nervous. My system is a little sensitive, given, but a cup of coffee makes me feel more calm than this.

Magic Potion

Posted by Reviewer1676459 on Jun 23, 2011

my husband has had mild depression and mild mania and a fierce disposition forever. Neither of us wanted on him on meds because of the horrible side effects. This stuff is amazing and it really works. He is more mellow and sleeps better and is a heck of a lot more fun to be married to. BUT I think it tempers ALL passion. Sigh. Well, I guess there are trade offs and he is much nicer to live with.

Relax and restful sleep

Posted by Reviewer2044761 on Apr 22, 2011

This is a product that allows me to relax and have a beautiful night's sleep for 5 to 6 hours. It relaxes my nerves and very active mind. Thank you

I'm impressed with this product.

Posted by Reviewer1598869 on Jan 12, 2011

The effects are a subtle calm and mood lifting improved sleep. Took me a few weeks to notice them. I am getting one side effect that I get on SSRI's so this leads me to believe this product acts on serotonin. Need more time to evaluate further.

Yuck!!!

Posted by Reviewer1512701 on Dec 01, 2010

This review is probably more suited for those with sensitive tastbuds. This tastes awful!! Like prune juice with vodka imo. I couldn't stop gagging, had to brush my teeth and listerine my mouth to get rid of the taste. Definitely did not feel calm after a dose of this, haha. However, it's not too expensive to try if you can stomach unpleasant tastes :)

A friend to have...

Posted by Reviewer3187849 on Nov 14, 2010

I have agoraphobia and panic disorder. I also have episodes where the anxiety related fear gets very intense and I feel very low because of it. I went on vacation two hours away from home for the first time this summer and I knew it was going to be hard. There were times I felt off and this helped centre me. I feel that it must be akin to a mild anti-depressant though I've never been on one and I know they make everyone feel different. I have heard that people feel sort of numb on anti-depressants; no extremes of sadness OR happiness. Albizzia does not make me happier, it just takes me out of the low if I'm really feeling it, which helps me to put everything into perspective and adjust to the situation. It doesn't stop panic attacks and it won't make you calm the way a benzo would. It a leveler more than anything, kind of like inositol (also helps with serotonin) is. People need to understand that this is not a cure-all and is not likely to be the only thing you need, but as a herbal anti-depressant I like it. A lot of times anxiety is a mixture of feeling terrible and low because of how terrible you may feel. I'm still experimenting but I like it in my regime.

Mood enhancing

Posted by Reviewer3167920 on Sep 15, 2010

This certainly seems to enhance my mood. Definitely one to keep, scored it a 3 as the anxiety/stress reducing properties seem relatively mild.

It Works !

Posted by Reviewer1863848 on Jun 29, 2010

It seems this product works well. It calm your nerves (ex. from noise or other things disturbing you) but don't let you feel sleepy.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »