Seems to be helpful

Posted by Reviewer2836834 on Apr 21, 2008

I started out taking one pill twice per day when my father caught a bad cold. A few days later as his cold got worse, I started to get a dry stuffy nose, and I ramped up my dose of andrographis to 3 and 4 pills twice daily, and it seems to have eliminated the symptoms and prevented the cold from progressing further. All in all my symptoms were very mild for a couple of days. Three days later I have no sign of a cold at all, when normally when I get a cold it lasts for a couple of weeks and tends to be very severe. I would recommend this product if you want to prevent catching a cold, stop it from getting worse, and to speed up recovery time.

evaluation

Posted by Reviewer2877120 on Nov 28, 2007

Excellent for gum infections - worked

It works!

Posted by Reviewer1956784 on Oct 16, 2007

I've tried a good few immune boosting supplements over the years, but andrographis is now first choice - it's affordable, & yes it really works! One of these every four hours at the very first signs of a cold, & it just never seems to develop. Even my wife is an andrographis convert - and it takes a lot to convince her.

Worst Andrographis I ever purchased

Posted by 5227178314219421801 on May 15, 2016

Andrographis is a powerful herb, but that doesn't mean that ground up leaves and stems put into tablet form is going to be effective. In order to work properly -- to provide the wonderful sinus clearing and immune response that it's known for -- you have to extract the major ingredient and provide that via supplement. Other companies (Jarrow is one) do this. For some reason, Planetary Herbals has the idea that you just just mash up the Andrographis plant and put it into a big hard-to-swallow tablet, and get some benefit. That's not the case. This product is the clear result of a company that did not investigate the herb, and one that thinks they can simply pack-and-ship in the lowest cost methods possible. They mention that the Swedish use Andrographis. That may be only partially true. The Swedish Herbal Institute sold a lot of a product called Kan Jang -- in Sweden, that's a liquid that does NOT contain andrographis. That's because Andrographis is so bitter and nasty tasting. They NEVER put Andrographis into Kan Jang -- that is, until it became a Tablet that was sold in other parts of the word. And that Kan Jang tablet had a coating on it that prevented your tongue from picking up the horrible, horrible taste. It was also a tablet that contained another herb, Eleutherococcus, which was quite important in the pairing and not just a minor ingredient. Here, this company is simply packaging one-half of the famous Swedish formula (the Andrographis), and they are not even spending the .0001 cent to coat the tablet so that you can't taste it. Folks, this will literally make you vomit. It's the worst tasting tablet you've ever placed in your mouth. You'll be dying for water in half a second. Bad product, bad formulation. For a good Andrographis, buy an Andrographis Extract, and not a whole leaf formula like this.

Won't be Without It!

Posted by ShelleyP on May 07, 2009

We use this Andro along with North American Herb & Spice Oregano at the onset of any flu, cold or unwellness.....knocks it out very quickly, and before it takes hold. It seems that the Andrographis amps up the effect of the Oregano.

part of buhner's protocol

Posted by Reviewer2984303 on Sep 07, 2009

andrographis is one of the basic herbs in stephen buhner's protocol for lyme diease. a must have in your medicine cabinet.

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2285400 on Feb 24, 2008

Andrographis is a very good supplement for prevention of any kind of infection, cold, flu etc.

Andrographis is a good immune booster!

Posted by Reviewer1159045 on Dec 02, 2008

I have been using andrographis for years now, and I have a much lower incidence of winter colds, plus a shorter duration of the colds I have. Planetary Herbals puts out a good quality, affordable, consistent product and I highly recommend it.

Great Product -

Posted by Reviewer2720917 on Mar 18, 2011

I like this product very much and was delighted (after much research) to find it. An added benefit was that It was backed by Michael Tierra and I love and respect his work and herbal books. I was filling my own Andrographis caps from powder and I was getting a rash from it but I do not get a rash from this product. This product makes my herbal protocal for Lyme so much easier. Very Nice Product. Elaine R

Best for keeping colds at bay!

Posted by Reviewer3336134 on Apr 14, 2011

Taken at the first sign of a cold...keeps us from getting sick.