Planetary Herbals, Bacopa Extract, 225 mg, 120 Tablets

Reviews 2-star

Major Depressant

Posted by Reviewer2937983 From Nebraska on Dec 06, 2010

This relaxed me a lot but made me depressed. I had high hopes but couldn't handle the depression. I have bipolar disorder and felt that it worked like some anti-convulsant and anti-psychotic medications that I've taken. Kind of a cross between Depakote and Zyprexa. I've never had such a strong reaction with an herb before. Someone should do some serious studies on this.

bacopa extract

Posted by Reviewer2131548 From Oregon on Jul 26, 2012

I was a bit disappointed. I'd hoped for more energy, clarity and better mood. None of the above were much improved by this product.

Bacopa is not always the sme strength,

Posted by Reviewer2057933 From Hawaii on Apr 21, 2011

Bacopa has many grades of quality. Amount per serving differs between manufacturors and where its grown. This product was milder than what I normally use. It's O.K. for the price but stronger stuff you have to experiment a bit to find the right balance.