I can feel it working after the first application

Posted by Reviewer3060193 on Jan 28, 2011

I don't have any varicose/spider veins. I have very thin skin so blue veins are visible on most parts of my skin. After I put the cream on for the first time, within 2 hours my feet and legs felt WARM. It truly improves my blood circulation. My partner also used it a couple of times but he felt nothing. Mind you blokes all seem to have thicker skin hence more time is required to show the result.

If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would - Horse Chestnut Cream is awesome for Lipedema pain in calves and legs.

Posted by LifewithLipedema on Dec 23, 2014

I suffer from swollen calves,ankles and legs from a chronic,painful condition, called Lipedema. This is the first product in 14 years that has addressed the pain from inflammation and allows relief from it. There is a medicinal smell to the cream however the trade off, in my opinion, is so worth it. (Not overpowering but it is strong.) I highly recommend anyone with Lipedema or swollen, painful feet, legs and calves to try this product.

soothed in Austin, TX

Posted by Reviewer1082005 on Mar 09, 2008

I have had varicose veins for yrs and have never found a product like this until now. Although it doesn't remove the varicose, it is very soothing and takes away the throbbing that comes w/swollen veins. I recommend it, esp. since the price it right at iherb.

It really works!

Posted by Reviewer2381468 on Aug 18, 2013

I've used it for about a month and not as consistently as I should. Probably only 3-4 days/week. Spider veins on my legs are much lighter, nearly gone. Mild improvement in larger, darker varicosities. Other reviewers complain of a bad smell....It's an herbal lotion and it smells like herbs. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Excellent

Posted by 5112336758736072025 on Jul 16, 2014

I've been using it for more than 6 weeks and I can say that it works. No more pain in legs and my veins are less visible. Highly recommend it!

Unsure for now

Posted by AuntieB on Sep 28, 2013

I have varicose veins showing on my legs. I've taken Horse Chestnut pills to resolve my varicose vein issue, but I started to lose weight and had double heartbeats. I knew that something wasn't working for me by ingesting the Horse Chestnut so I stopped. You do need to consult with a doctor before you take these "natural" pills, which I haven't and I didn't want to risk anything. So, I felt that the cream may be safer and trying this out. It honestly smells like 1% of what Tiger Balm smells like. It doesn't smell so bad if you're used to natural remedies, incense and other holistic type of products and natural products. It's definitely not something you want to wear if you're going out, but it won't bother you if you wear it to bed. The scent doesn't last too long. I'm not too hopeful about the product, but I do feel like my leg is less swollen. Although, it's just a feeling for now, not a fact. Maybe after a month, I'll see some results. I want to be hopeful!

Has Grapefruit Seed Extract in it

Posted by DebbySapp on Dec 05, 2014

I should've read the ingredients more carefully, but I thought a company like Planetary Herbals would've known better than to put GSE in their products. If you don't realize the problem with GSE, put "grapefruit seed extract" in your search engine and read American Botanicals' and MacDonald's write-ups on it. If they come out with a formula without the GSE, I'd give it more stars.

Fabulous for hemorroids

Posted by Benice2U on Sep 05, 2016

This sure beats Preparation H at shrinking hemorrhoids. Sometimes I just need to put a small dime sized amount on my finger and apply to the outside. Within an hour or less I am so comfortable. Amazing. Trumps any prescription med.

Planetary Herbals Horse Chestnut Cream

Posted by Reviewer1332462 on Aug 24, 2008

I am delighted with this product. I found it very soothing to my legs particularly in hot weather. Lois Ferrans

very good

Posted by Reviewer2934429 on Oct 09, 2009

I have spider veins on my thighs.Used this cream for a few weeks.Yes, I can see a slight change,it seems like those 'horrible' veins are dissapearing but slowly.It does take some time.You have to be VERY patient and use it regularly 2 a day.