Good stuff, but a few concerns

Posted by Reviewer3132785 on Jan 07, 2009

This is good stuff and I found it pretty effective for the beginning of a cough, but I have a few concerns/questions/observations: 1. Price/Performance: It is suggested that adults take 1 tablespoon every 2 hours as needed. With only 7 servings in 1 bottle, you could easily finish off a bottle in a day. 2. Suggested dosage: Although 1 tablespoon is suggested for adults, I found that dose overpowering, and it actually caused a bout of diarrhea. I found the children's dose of 1 teaspoon quite enough. (Note that this would tend to negate the criticism in (1). 3. Name/Purpose/Label: The name suggests to me that this is a cough syrup. But cough isn't actually mentioned anywhere on the label. But "support for seasonal health", presumably a euphemism for cold prevention/treatment in winter, is. If you're actually supposed to be taking this all through the year, my price concerns in (1) are strengthened. 4. Taste: I really like the taste, but my daughters hated it. For me, pine is by far the dominant note.

bud

Posted by Reviewer1192081 on Apr 01, 2008

Purchased for a dry cough. It did open up the breathing and would relieve the cough somewhat but not for long.

works

Posted by Reviewer2945577 on Apr 18, 2010

this works but taste's so nasty. Its like if you took sour celery, worchestire sauce, liquid cayenne pepper and some tree bark put it all in a boiler with a dab of sugar for sweetness lol

Strong Stuff

Posted by RubiesHealth on Dec 08, 2011

I agree with other reviews that a little (5ml) is good enough. It's alcohol content does not affect my mum and I, though we break out in rashes from red wine. It warms and soothes the chest immediately. It also opens up the airway in congestive coughs. Taste is not nice but easy to acquire, especially when it brings relief. It is also anti-microbial because discoloration of mucus lightens quickly. For added mucolytic effect, can alternate with Source Naturals Wellness Cough Syrup.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2116882 on Apr 29, 2012

My wife cough for 7 years almost every night and often during the day, this product help her to feel better, she tale it only once, I buy more to see if the caugh dissapear, If you now something better than this please write here. I must say she have no problem with lung or something viral. The taste is ok, not so bad as many say, try artichokes or wormwood to see bad taste :)

Fallback plan

Posted by JanisFarmer on Jul 01, 2012

Its good. Its not incredible (one person's opinion). Judging by the 4.5 stars, other people may have a slightly higher opinion.

Very effective but not the best taste

Posted by 5253082875616483079 on Sep 23, 2016

I received my 'iherb' package today.. and took the syrup which tasted pretty disgusting but it works right away! Along with this syrup I am taking Mullein and Lobelia herbal supplements. All work magic. Cleared my lungs and I've been able to breathe the deepest and clearest I ever could. As a child I was diagnosed with a bronchial asthma.. but these herbs have helped me in many ways.. I would recommend! Not to mention this syrup is the best deal compared to other suppliers. It's twice as cheap..

Not Tasty, but Gets Results

Posted by Reviewer1122834 on Apr 06, 2009

This product is very good by allowing you to be able to rid phelem.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1887172 on Oct 17, 2009

Effective when cold just started. but my 4 years old did not like the taste, but 12 years old take it even the taste/smell is strong

old Indian

Posted by Reviewer2287098 on Nov 23, 2008

That Old remedy seems to work today as well

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »