10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

Planetary Herbals, Elderberry Syrup, 8 fl oz (236.56 ml)

Reviews 5-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Multi-purpose product

Posted by Reviewer1965182 on Feb 20, 2013

Elderberry syrup is a great immune system booster, especially after taking steroids and antibiotics. 3-4 Tbsp a day for several days and the body's immune system kicks back in, giving one more energy. It's also great for a cough at the same dosage. It's also great to add to what I call a 'virgin' hot toddy. Mix about a tbsp of honey, the juice from 1/2 fresh lemon, a couple tsps of the syrup and fill a 16 oz glass with hot water. My friends who are professional singers love this mixture which I pre-mix whenever I attend their shows and then just ask for hot water. The benefits to their throats, breathing and voices is amazing. IHerbs prices are very affordable and this particular product is of the same high quality as anything else I've purchased from IHerb. Worth keeping in your arsenal of cold-fighting, immune booster supplements.

Great poduct but beware the alcohol

Posted by 5576253305020163517 on Jan 28, 2013

I originally bought this for my 6 y.o. daughter, without noticing its high alcohol content (25%). Even though the label says it's approved for children as young as 2, my daughter refused to take it. I ended up using it myself, and it really helped me fight the flu! As for kids, I would stick with Nature's Way Elderberry Syrup or Sambucol.

Totally satisfied

Posted by Reviewer1189437 on Nov 29, 2009

We are using this with a host of other supplements and vitamins to help boost our immune systems during the flu season. We tend to get just a slight touch of whatever is going around for a very brief period of time, while others around us seem to suffer with full blown symptoms for the normal duration of the illness.

Best time of year to use

Posted by Reviewer2159448 on Nov 04, 2012

Whenever the fall and winter come I use this daily as I belong to the Y and want to make sure I have some extra ammo against germs.

good for colds