Stevia Powder

Posted by Reviewer2869993 on Jul 05, 2012

This is a powder made from the stevia leaves so it's green (I see some other reviewers weren't expecting that). It smells really "grassy". At first I thought it smelled a lot like my wheat grass powder but now I can easily tell them apart. It is a lot less bitter than the white powders I've tried but it is also less sweet than the white stuff. I like to add it to my green smoothies and other things that need sweetening together with other sweeteners to get a more complex sweet flavor.

Natural Stevia is different

Posted by Reviewer3196647 on Dec 01, 2010

I know it is more healthy than the processed white powder, but it does take a little getting used to. I use it for sweetening tea. There is a strong "herb" smell when first stirred into the tea and if I use more than a generous 1/8th teaspoon in mild tea, there is a grassy overtone. It takes more mixing and the fiber settles to the bottom, but I am happy with it.

Mixed tastes....

Posted by Reviewer1087529 on Jun 06, 2010

I was used to the white stevia powder and am not finding this green powder as sweetening or as soluble as the white, but I will give it time ( since I have a huge bottle) and adjust the proportions.

sweet but don't expect the taste like a sugar.

Posted by 4829191847248153053 on Jul 20, 2013

If you need the taste like a sugar, I won't recommend it.

won't buy again

Posted by Reviewer1241885 on May 19, 2013

I was recommended to use stevia powder instead of sugar in baking. It didn't work for me - stevia powder adds a wierd unpleasant taste and awfull colour to my cooking. I guess I'll have to try something different.

Stevia powder

Posted by Reviewer2160098 on Dec 17, 2010

Still getting used to the strong herbal taste.

green stevia

Posted by Reviewer2414324 on Jun 05, 2011

I'm used to the white stuff, obviously it's bleached and has some corn alcohol added, and I'm fine with that. In fact I like the taste. This green stuff tastes earthy and also has a minty undertone. This will take some getting used to. I'm thinking of recipes to use it in, something that incorporates mint.

Planetary Herbals, Stevia Powder,

Posted by Reviewer2904334 on Nov 29, 2011

A bit to organic for me. I will use it in the cooking

yuk

Posted by Reviewer2117401 on Feb 08, 2012

Not at all happy with this flavour

Not a very good sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2198320 on Dec 08, 2006

I don't find this stevia powder sweet enough.