Pure Essence, Ionic-Fizz, Super D-K Calcium Plus, Raspberry Lemonade, 14.82 oz (420 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

I love this product!

Posted by Reviewer3015356 on Apr 28, 2010

The manufacturer of this product (Pure Essence) is particularly committed to quality. For example, they use a form of vitamin b12 in the Ionic-Fizz products that does not come from cyanide. Almost all vitamin b12 you can get commercially comes from cyanide thus the source is named "Cyanacobalimin" or something like that. Plus, the ratio of magnesium to calcium is higher than in most cal/mag products. Most such products don't have enough magnesium for the amount of calcium provided. Also love the absorbability of the "ionic" nutrients and it tastes great -- even my wife likes it. Finally, this product is similar to another PureEssence Ionic Fizz but this one adds other important nutrients such as vitamin K and increased vitamins D. It's a little more expensive and it takes a bit longer to dissolve in water but I think it's worth the difference.

Not Everyones Cup of Calcium

Posted by Reviewer2128490 From Minnesota on Aug 16, 2010

I bought this because of its very excellent reviews. I am sure it does have its place but it is an extremely acidic, strong tasting product regardless of how much water you add to it. The flavor is unnattractive and it would be best left flavorless or have genuine lime flavor only. The problem here is that for this form of calcium/magnesium to fizz it has to have citric acid as a catalyst. For those with sensitive stomachs or who simply cannot tolerate strong acidic bases, this product will add to indigestion issues. I would prefer this product had NO B vitamins added because they are already overused in many food propducts and daily vitamins which the average user will not sacrifice to use this product. I think if you have a very alkaline system, this product will produce good results and create the calming effect desired. For me, the acidic base was an aggravant,the B vitamins a further assault and the taste nauseating. Lastly, some people cannot tolerate a cal/mag ration of 1/1. I need mine at cal2/mag1. This ratio produced stomach cramping and stool issues when taken at a full dose.

Good source of calcium, mag and vit d

Posted by Reviewer2053282 From Idaho on Dec 04, 2008

Good form of calcium in proper ratio w/ mag for max absorbtion. Like that vit d was added to enhance product.

Richard

Posted by Reviewer1356587 From Arizona on Feb 04, 2009

Excellent product, easy to take. I take this as part of my healthy heart regimen and it seems to be working.

Must have!

Posted by Reviewer3101860 From Florida on May 19, 2009

I make sure I take this an hour or so before my yoga class... or I risk cramping up! Eeek! (I'm almost 50!) More importantly... this is helping to improve my bone scan #'s. Every year, I show improvement. I use this stuff along with exercise--power walking and yoga.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »