10% Off Orders Over $40!

Rainbow Light, Just Once, Men's One, Food-Based, Multivitamin, 90 Tablets

Researched multis for three hours one day, and this is the best.

Posted by Reviewer2985989 on Feb 03, 2008

I spent three hours one day researching formulas for multi-vitamins, along with manufacturing processes and corporate practices, and I was surprised that this one product stood out clearly. It doesn't cheat on expensive nutrients or include nutrients in quantities too small to be efficacious, just so it can list them on the label, like many formulas do, and the company's proprietary manufacturing process and corporate practices stand out surprisingly clearly. One small example of many: it's not possible to include sufficient calcium in a one-a-day to do any good, because of calcium's bulk, but most formulas include a little bit anyway, which doesn't do anyone any good. You always have to take additional calcium with a multi. It's a relief to find one multi that clearly stands out.

I should have looked at the ingredients and not the reviews

Posted by Reviewer2850189 on Dec 09, 2011

This multi vitamin is a typical average mulitvitamin that is well marketed but is nothing special. I can already get better multivitamins than this in the United Kingdom so it was not worth importing. I was disappointed to find that it had the typical multivitamin stench and I had typical yellow urine that lasts all day inidicating a product that is not readiliy absorbed by the body. The vitamin C for example is ascorbic acid which is one of the cheaper forms of vitamin C by contract Solgar a popular brand is found as niacinamide ascorbate, L-ascorbic acid which is far more readily absorbed. the Zinc is again disappointing in that it is not even chelated, it is zinc citrate, by contrast the Solgar brand zinc is chelated and is far more readily absorbed. I don't take the Solgar brand which is a good multi vitamin as I find that it too, whilst better quality still results in yellow urine which over long term use could put strain on my kidneys. In the past I have taken New Chapters Whole Food based multivitamin and I will be returning to it since the yellowing of the urine is very mild and being whole food based from fermented cultures, it actually smells good. The truth is that I bought the rainbow light product because it described itself as "food based", I was mislead and have now learnt that "whole food" is very different from "food based". Yes New Chapter is double the price, but when it comes to my long term health, I am willing to spend the extra $20. I am tempted to give it two stars for being disappointed from my expectations, but to be fair to the product itself i give it three stars for an average product.

one a day is a good thing

Posted by lovelyBunny on Aug 10, 2014

Good men's multi. Nothing in it my husband doesn't want or need. Nothing missing either. Worth the cost because you take it once a day. No ill side effects. I've been ordering from IHerb for two years now the quality and service is excellent I kkep ordering for some time.

Bandome

Posted by KOQ048 on Aug 22, 2012

Kiek teko skaityti LT forumuose, tai labai jau išgirti vitaminai. Praktiškai blogų atsiliepimų net neradau. Pirkau dovanai. Tikiuosi vitaminai atliks savo darbą.

All you need - If you can SWALLOW the thing

Posted by Reviewer3017900 on Jul 16, 2011

Great ingredients - all a guy needs in one pill without overdoing Vit E (which for me at more than 150 IU causes glossitis). BUT!!! You just CAN'T swallow the thing! Several times, thought I was gonna gag and die with it on the way down. IF you take it with ICE WATER - you might have a chance. BUT! As soon as it gets warm and moist (like in your mouth) - it softens instantly and gets STICKY with texture and smell reminiscent or rotting vegetation. Now THAT ain't goin down, NOHOW! 'Specially when it STICKS at your Uvula and rotates SIDEWAYS. Trying to swallow these things while drinking coffee on your way to work is a SURE recipe for SUICIDE! If YOUR oropharynx has the dimensions of the Holland Tunnel - then this may NOT apply to you. But for the rest of us - PLEASE - COAT the tablet in SOMETHING (gelatin, anything) to help it slide down and prevent premature dissolution! I really tried HARD to like these - cuz my brain told me everything I needed was in one simple tablet per day. After going through 6 months of these things (which I bought at one time and am too cheap to discard) - I've had enough. Until these are produced in a coated form, I will have to find another solution. And maybe I've done that. Rainbow makes another product - slightly different mix - - Certified Organics, Men's Multivitamin, 120 Veggie Caps 120 for $20. Will put those in the basket and let you know.