Not value for money. Questionable form of Vitamin A

Posted by 5390939748068762563 on Oct 28, 2016

I didn't do sufficient research before I bought this :(. Several pointers about this prenatal multi: a) The vitamin A comprises of both palmitate and beta carotene. Pregnant women should stay away from the palmitate forms of vitamin A, which studies have shown could be toxic to your foetus. Not sure why they included the palmitate forms when cheaper prenatal brands use purely beta-carotene, which is not harmful to the foetus. b) The folic acid is not in the folate/MTHF form. MTHF is the best form of folate. Look for brands that provide this form of folate. Minimally, the multivitamin should provide for folate rather than folic acid. c) Vitamin B1 alittle on the high side. RDA for pregnant women is only approx 1.4mg d) Herbs: Since the use of herbs during pregnancy is not well-studied, I'd recommend not taking that risk of using herbal remedies, which seems to be included in this multivitamin.

not for someone with sensitve stomach

Posted by Reviewer2738326 on Dec 17, 2009

Something in this vitamin didnt agree with my stomach. I love I herb ! I herb is the best!

love that they now have the ginger in them

Posted by Reviewer2685167 on Jul 28, 2010

I took these with my first pregnancy and they really seemed to help. The doctor was impressed with the amount of nutrients in them. But they did make me sick at first. Hoping this next time around the ginger in them will help with that side effect.

Jury is out at this point

Posted by brookemw on Jul 30, 2014

I will persist with these but the first couple of times I have taken these they have made me nauseous.