iHerb Customer Reviews
Savings of: $4.19 (19% off)
Posted by 5643718613964222786 on May 27, 2015
I am intolerant to gluten, dairy, eggs, sugar, and many other things, and I have Celiac. Therefore, it is hard for me to get protein without eating a lot of meat. In addition, 90% of all the other protein powders I looked at either had sugar, dairy, or gluten; and many of those remaining 10% have a terrible flavor. I literally almost threw up after drinking one of them. Then, I found this powder. At first, I thought it was disgusting. It is very grainy, or chalky, as another reviewer commented. However, when you compare it to other powders of this kind, this is a one of a kind product. The flavor is incredible, it's just the consistency that is hard to get used to. i got used to it in about a week. GREAT with any fruit juice... not good with water, tea, or lemonade.
Taste is stinky
Posted by Reviewer1597547 on Apr 14, 2011
I bought this shake as I needed to do an elimination diet and the only shakes we had in the house were delicious whey, and I needed to omit dairy. I thought with all the great reviews about the taste that I would be ok choosing this product. I have tried: using filtered water and adding organic blueberries. : using unsweetened almond milk and adding almonds. : using organic peaches, stevia and cinnamon. No matter what I add to disguise the taste it still has a kind of stinky taste, kind of like a faint horse manure smell taste. LOL I know that sounds really bad but the is the closest I can come to describe it. So minus 3 stars for stinky taste but still keeping the 2 stars because of the nice low calories and low carbs and good 15 grams protein, and no soy! I will not be purchasing again. Oh the vanilla and the chocolate do not stink, just the acai flavor.
Great flavor but texture not so good...
Posted by Reviewer1595298 on Dec 17, 2010
as the title states, there is a very distinct flavor in this powder, even when mixed with other fruits & berries as I make it. I use 1 scoop of Acai powder, 1 banana, 1 apple, 1 orange, scoop of frozen blueberries & a bunch of strawberries, & raspberries when I have them. All organic fruits, a splash of Aloe Vera juice, 1/2 cup orange/apple juice & either Milk or Natural yogurt(all ingredients Organic). the taste is great for sure with what ever I have it in but the texture, not great, the powder just doesn't dissolve at all, don't have it with just water or juice, its super gritty! Would be a fantastic drink if the powder just dissolved & left no grittiness.
Rainbow Light, Protein Energizer, Acai Berry
Posted by Reviewer1313170 on Mar 14, 2011
I love this product. It is great when mixed with a banana, berries such as strawberries or blueberries and orange juice. Place all ingredients with the protein energizer into a blender and wow!!! Being a true vegan-I believe that this is a great product.
Posted by Reviewer2004783 on May 06, 2011
Tastes great. Good price
Posted by Reviewer1526465 on Jan 11, 2010
tastes good, no sugar, energizing herbs love it! and i love rice protein cuz it doesnt make me fat
Posted by Reviewer1310526 on Mar 15, 2010
I usually purchase the vanilla and the chocolate protein drinks, so I was not sure how the Acai Berry would compare. Well, I love it. It has surpassed the vanilla in flavor and is tie with the chocolate. Great taste.
Posted by Reviewer2660764 on Sep 01, 2010
Good tasting. Mixed best in a blender than in a shaker
Posted by Reviewer3269509 on Sep 13, 2010
Best taste and consistency of all protein powders I've tried (I've tried a lot). And it's got loads of good stuff in it. Fantastic!!!
Posted by Reviewer2905597 on Dec 17, 2010
Good flavor, easy to blend. I noticed within a week my fingernails getting much stronger.