Rainbow Light, Protein Energizer, Chocolate, 11 oz (318 g)

Daily Dose

Posted by Reviewer3203989 on Nov 08, 2006

I live on this product. I find the chocolate flavor is better than most. Best of all -- no added sugar, it is lightly sweetened with stevia. I do mix and drink it with water only at the office. Over time I've discovered that I like it better when blended with ice. I add cinnamon flavor flax oil, half a banana, and decaf espresso powder for my daily morning shake. I call it my daily dose of chocolate. A half serving in a little office water cooler cup kills 3pm cravings.

Best One I've Found

Posted by Reviewer1056942 on Feb 16, 2008

I started using this 3 days/week for breakfast. I don't understand why, but I don't get hungry and could probably skip lunch altogether. I just mix it with about a pint of milk and chug it down. I feel better during the days I use it and am actually starting to use it more as a meal replacement. Oh, I don't get those after meal "burps" with this one like I do with some of the other protein drinks.

Great taste, a little grainy

Posted by Reviewer1009659 on Oct 18, 2007

This is my first rice protein powder; I've tried milk-based products in the past, and they have a smoother texture. But, for those of us who are lactose or dairy intolerant, this is a great alternative. This stirs into water fine (not instantaneous, but pretty quick to dissolve), but you need to keep stirring periodically or you'll end up with "sludge" in the bottom of your glass. I have also tried it with ice cubes and water in a blender; it makes a pudding-style drink (the vanilla flavor milkshake gives an appearance more a slushy; both flavors are still somewhat grainy, even in the blender). I will buy more, because rice-based protein powders are recommended for giving the GI tract time to heal when Leaky Gut Syndrome is suspected. This is a delicious and easy way to get protein in when meat & beans are not an option! Note: The vanilla is a better buy for the money, yielding 18 svgs. to the chocolate's 15 svgs. per package.

fun protein powder

Posted by Reviewer2488452 on Mar 26, 2007

Whey doesn't agree with me, so I prefer rice. I'm on a strict healing diet - this is just about the only chocolate I ever have! I prefer liquid supplementation, when possible, rather than lots of capsules.

Extraordninary

Posted by 4936771436243153691 on Dec 14, 2012

Perfect protein powder! It has such a healthy content, and it tastes so good too. I use it in my hot chocolate, in my home made marsipan and in chocolate cakes. Basically it adds a flavour to all chocolate-products that is more mild and rich than cocoa-powder.