Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Rainshow'r, The New Century, Dechlorinating Shower Filter, 1 Filter

This filter has saved my skin & my sanity... but didn't last 15 months.

Posted by stephd on Apr 04, 2012

The chlorine smell emanating from my showerhead was really stressing me out. Not just emotionally (worrying about chlorine in the water... yuck!) but it was stressing out my skin and hair too. Well, I discovered this shower filter, and I am SO glad I made the investment. No longer do we feel like we're showering in a swimming pool, and my skin and hair are much tamer and less dried out. I just wish that this filter would work as long as the company claims. My first unit seemed to die within a few months, so I contacted the people at Rainshow'r. I sent them a nice email asking what I could do to make my filter last longer, and within a day, I actually got a *phone call* from the owner/inventor of these products! He was very nice and explained how they worked, etc. He also said that my filter SHOULD still be functional, and then he sent me a new one for free! That's some great customer service. Unfortunately, the replacement cartridge lasted a little longer than the first, but not even close to the rating the company specifies (15 - 18 mos). This may be because of our horribly chlorinated, mineral-heavy water here in Los Angeles -- it might be too much for the filter to handle. For this reason, I'm giving the filter 4 stars. I still love the product but I wish it would last longer than the 3-6 months that it worked. All considered, I still feel this filter is a good value and probably the best filter for the money. Rainshow'r stands behind their products, too, which is kind of rare these days. I'm going to try the refillable filter they make and see if it works any better in my house.

fantastic water quality

Posted by karljacobs on Mar 16, 2011

great for hair and skin feels soft and pure, like spring water about to buy another one for 2nd bathroom

One of the best in terms of quality and value

Posted by jayzou on Apr 07, 2012

This is a great filter that lasts over a year, and upon its end you can recycle it :) I ended up buying a few for family and friends, and they all agree that it makes a world of difference in their shower experience. I live in southern California, so the pollution is prevalent in our air and water supply. I used to dread showering because of the toxic chlorine smell, but this totally curbed the issue!

Good filter

Posted by Reviewer1156343 on Feb 19, 2011

It seems to work better than my old enviro shower filter. I like it that it has such a long lifespan, and if accurate it is a better buy than most shower filters. The shower head meant to be used with this, the bernoulli shower head, has a really fantastic high pressure spray, but it is rather expensive at ~$35.