Not a Gluten Free Product

Posted by radcraze on Feb 18, 2016

I purchased this brand for first time to compare with other brand of unrefined whole cane sugar on this site and was discouraged to learn that this is processed in a facility that also processes wheat (gluten), dairy, and soy. Organic sucanat appears to be a cleaner operation since it has GF, Kosher and Vegan certifications. Also this rapadura is gray/brown in color and tasted more like a burnt sugar while the sucanat is more orange/brown in color, sweeter on tongue and no hint of burnt taste. This tell me it was dried at a much lower heat. I've watched youtube videos on processing of these sugars and they are both pretty much the same sugar in the sence of how its made.

Rapadura

Posted by 4626057898737909858 on Sep 02, 2015

Rapadura is my favorite and I have tried many sugars. They don't need to charge so much for it but it is still cheaper than the doctor bills that you will eventually face from eating white sugar which is stripped of all nutrition but the calories. In my opinion white sugar is a drug and gets you high but rapadura keeps your brain on a even keel. The price of rapadura varies widely between sources. iHerb recently gave me one of the best prices for this product. Thank you.

It seems to have changed

Posted by Reviewer3175829 on Mar 16, 2015

I have ordered this same brand of sugar before and my one bag wasn't empty yet so I was able to compare. This batch (I bought 16 bags) is quite a bit lighter than the bag I already had. I can't understand why this would be the case. It is still a great product but I use it for making water kefir and my kefir grains are not as healthy as they were with the previous batch of sugar. With the old sugar, they would triple in volume with each batch, now, they don't even double. The taste is fine for those who use it for other purposes.

Great Product!

Posted by 4817069711590563190 on Jan 11, 2015

I use Rapunzel Organic Whole Cane Sugar as a substitute for both brown & white sugar in most of my baked goods. However, we use it mostly as a brown sugar substitute. We actually prefer the taste to traditional brown sugar in just about everything! We learned about this sugar from a cookbook called NOURISHING TRADITIONS. In this book, the author explains the many benefits of choosing this sugar over other processed and relatively unprocessed sugars. Great service from iHerb! I heartily recommend!

Perfect for my Kefir Water

Posted by 5521167486995774986 on Dec 29, 2014

My kefir grains prefer this sugar to all others. It makes a nice rich kefir water flavor and color. It is also nutrient/mineral-rich due to the lack of processing. I have hunted locally and online for this brand of sugar and found this is the best price by far! I've found my kefir water sugar source...YAY!!!

sugar

Posted by 5472997971031853932 on Dec 15, 2014

The Champagne of Sugars

The Best Sugar

Posted by 4848054568389484904 on Dec 09, 2014

This is the best sugar I have found thus far! We do not consume a lot of sugar, but I order it in quantities of several and get the best price that way. It is the only sweetener I will use other than honey or other natural sweeteners. It is also great for making water Kefir -- yum! Thanks to iHerb for making it available to us!

Wonderful flavor and sweetness, with a clear conscience

Posted by 5181998258876347228 on Dec 01, 2014

I trust all Rapunzel products. They have proven themselves to be a responsible world company through fair labor and trade practices and strict guidelines for ecologically sound and sustainable growing practices. I have been buying this sugar for years. It does take a while to switch from refined white sugar, but I did it by starting with half and half in my sugar bowl. I don't use anything else in my coffee, and I now use it for most of my baking. I was alarmed when I saw someone say that they were owned by Hershey - They are not. I buy their cocoa, dark chocolate, sugar, cornstarch and more. I am always impressed with the quality of their products.

good

Posted by 5241794039148217838 on Nov 05, 2014

good

비정제 설탕 !!! 덜달고 향도 좋네요

Posted by Reviewer3006291 on Oct 22, 2014

베이킹에 쓰려고 샀는데 기존에 쓰던 cane sugar랑 다른건 비정제라 그런지 입자가 굵어요. 양도 많고 좋네요 ㅎㅎ 마치 흑설탕먹는 기분이에용

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »