| English
| USD ($)

Rapunzel, Organic Whole Cane Sugar, 24 oz (680 g)

Great Stuff

Posted by Charybdis on Apr 18, 2013

I've had no problems using it one for one in recipes that call for standard, white sugar. It gives my baked dishes a more complex flavor, though it will darken really light baked goods just a bit. I've also used it to make grenadine, and it reduced beautifully with great flavor. I also like it's organic and that the growers are being fairly compensated for their work. I hope iherb continues to carry this product - you can't beat the price for this level of quality.

It seems to have changed

Posted by Reviewer3175829 on Mar 16, 2015

I have ordered this same brand of sugar before and my one bag wasn't empty yet so I was able to compare. This batch (I bought 16 bags) is quite a bit lighter than the bag I already had. I can't understand why this would be the case. It is still a great product but I use it for making water kefir and my kefir grains are not as healthy as they were with the previous batch of sugar. With the old sugar, they would triple in volume with each batch, now, they don't even double. The taste is fine for those who use it for other purposes.

Wonderful flavor and sweetness, with a clear conscience

Posted by 5181998258876347228 on Dec 01, 2014

I trust all Rapunzel products. They have proven themselves to be a responsible world company through fair labor and trade practices and strict guidelines for ecologically sound and sustainable growing practices. I have been buying this sugar for years. It does take a while to switch from refined white sugar, but I did it by starting with half and half in my sugar bowl. I don't use anything else in my coffee, and I now use it for most of my baking. I was alarmed when I saw someone say that they were owned by Hershey - They are not. I buy their cocoa, dark chocolate, sugar, cornstarch and more. I am always impressed with the quality of their products.

The Best Sugar

Posted by 4848054568389484904 on Dec 09, 2014

This is the best sugar I have found thus far! We do not consume a lot of sugar, but I order it in quantities of several and get the best price that way. It is the only sweetener I will use other than honey or other natural sweeteners. It is also great for making water Kefir -- yum! Thanks to iHerb for making it available to us!

sugar