Real vs Fake

Posted by 5401637511424483560 on Apr 14, 2016

When I first opened the parcel I was convinced these brushes were fake so I decided to cross check with the Real Techniques website and facebook page. I can safely say they are real but obviously they have had a makeover - bold shiny copper-orange handle, font change, case change as well as a slight variation in the text on the handle.

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, Your Base/Flawless, Core Collection, 4 Brushes + Case (

Posted by Aprilynne on Nov 24, 2013

I ordered these after using the real techniques powder brush and blush brush, I love the range of brushes and am very happy with the purchase! I get the most use out of the contour and buffing brush, I rarely use the pointed foundation brush and the detailer brush. Very good quality brushes, they are so soft and have no fallout! Very easy to clean due to the synthetic bristles but I was quite disappointed with the stand/ case the brushes came with, though this is not a major problem for me because I store my brushes elsewhere. I still purchased this set at a fraction of the price I would have paid for just of these brushes in store from Australia. Would highly recommend!

Good product

Posted by currency on Sep 15, 2015

Bought this for my sister. She thinks they're okay. Can't say anything more than that.

Decent Quality for Price

Posted by 5115596712612193977 on Apr 20, 2015

These brushes are nice and soft, and a decent size for most face shapes. Each of the brushes are decently dense. I had quite some fallout of bristles from the pointed foundation brush after a pre-use wash, but that brush looked pretty dodgy from the start (scratches and marks on the handle). Apparently it's not as useful as the others so whatever, that's cool. I really like the soft-matte ends and the printed names of each brush on the handles. It's pretty stylish. They're not the prettiest brushes ever, but they sure aren't the ugliest either. The case is pretty useful for travelling and throwing quickly into a handbag, although I can't really use it with too many other brushes, or it doesn't close properly. Overall, I'm pretty happy - 4 soft, repurposable brushes and a case for $14.

Glad to have them :)

Posted by thatswhatshesaid on Jul 05, 2013

These brushes are excellent for the price.

value for money

Posted by 4732527712217425044 on Aug 15, 2013

good, and value for money

Worth it

Posted by ClorisHou on May 19, 2016

It's the first time I purchase a Realtechniques product and I'm happy with the quality, it's soft and makes puting on makeups more enjoyable, the smallest one is a little bit redundant though, maybe I haven't figured out the best way to use it

très bon kit!

Posted by 5224611284520721712 on May 17, 2012

très bon pinceaux!de très bonne qualité!

Good set, but not perfect

Posted by MasksOffMasksOn on Dec 12, 2013

I love Real Techniques brushes, that is why I have all of them, but not all of the are perfect. In this set, I LOVED the contour brush- I honestly think it's the best contouring brush I have, the buffing brush is good too, but for blending cream blushes - I didn't really like it for applying foundation. the Small detailer brush is great for applying lipstick. The only brush I don't care for in this set is the pointed foundation brush - it's too small for applying foundation on the face, it may work for concealer, but it's defiantly not great. ** אני מתה על המברשות של ריל טכניקס, אחרת לא הייתי קונה את כולן :) אבל לא כולן מושלמות. גם הסט הזה אינו מושלם- יש בו כמה הברקות, וכמה אכזבות: מברשת הקונטור נהדרת, בהחלט הטובה ביותר שניסיתי. מברשת הבאפינג חביבה, בעיקר לטשטוש של סומק נוזלי. אני לא חושבת שהיא מוצלחת במיוחד להנחת מייקאפ. המברשת הקטנה טובה להנחת ליפסטיק ולא יותר מזה. המאכזבת ביותר היא מברשת המייקאפ, שהיא פשוט סתמית, ומרגישים שבכלל לא הושקעה בה מחשבה. היא קטנה מדי להנחת מייקאפ על כל הפנים. היא אולי יכולה לשמש להנחת קונסילר, אבל גם אז היא לא מבריקה.

real techniques